By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Xbox E3 is going to be so huge.

Their past history + current investment + smallest E3 floor area in 2017 as big 3 = Very unlikely.

Around the Network

Microsoft will be smart to go the games as a service route for 80% of their games. That is the future for console games. I think they should buy out rocket league like they did with Minecraft. It will fit in their eco system pretty well.

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft needs to learn that givng their IP's to third party is not always a great thing. They would be wiser to create a Retro Studios/ Sony Santamonica, which is good at making every style of game so they can resurface old IP with better quality control. The fact that I can detail how they can fix this shows just how much Microsoft is lacking in the development and creativity department. They can scare off bungie by not wanting them to create a new IP and can make a dedicated studio to Halo, but not one for resufacing known IP? Thats ridiculous. They need to treat Microsoft studios like a real studio and not just a publshing house.

Santamonic probably helps polish games, but they don't create much per se. I've unknowingly playing a bunch of their games and they don't have a great record outside of GoW.

Its funny, you keep making the same terrible arguments. Bungie lied, they wanted to make more Halo but just not for MS. So they made Destiny, a Halo clone. Bungie can argue they were tired of making Halo but they made a blatant clone. They thought they had the next CoD if they went multiplat.

I believe Guerilla was tired of making Killzone and the series was mediocre, sales were modest, etc. So they made something completely different. That's what happens when a studio isn't lying.

Sony Santamonica helps co develop games and they create their own games. They are essentially Sony's retro stuio (Because thats what Retro does).  I dont know what bungie lied about. They wanted to make other games besides Halo and had let Microsoft know about it and Microsoft wanted them only working on Halo. Sony's philosophy is different from Microsofts, which is they expand inividual studios into multiple teams to achieve the ability to make more games. If they wouldve split destiny into two teams, you couldve had destiny and Halo Simultaneously on the Xbox.

Snoopy said:
Microsoft will be smart to go the games as a service route for 80% of their games. That is the future for console games. I think they should buy out rocket league like they did with Minecraft. It will fit in their eco system pretty well.

Honestly, they need to stop doing that crap. Microsoft just buys and doesnt make anything better. Things have actually gotten worse creatively for Rare after acquisition.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Snoopy said:

Honestly, they need to stop doing that crap. Microsoft just buys and doesnt make anything better. Things have actually gotten worse creatively for Rare after acquisition.

They're making a lot of money doing this, so they won't stop.

Around the Network

They're showing the Scorpio and detailing its release at this E3. It's factually a "huge" E3 for them.

It has always been the best for me anyway....

I expected an op that's better written or at least part of an article with a link. ugh.

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

For an old game it still looks okay. It was designed for a fairly powerful machine of the time. But if the old graphics bother you then don't buy it.

The Xbox being powerful was one of the reasons why I entered the ecosystem initially.

But games of that generation haven't aged well. Annoying part is, I am a collector, so if it's on Disk, chances are I'll probably pick it up at some point.
But it doesn't mean I should not be able to provide criticism where criticism is due. I criticise all the consoles and software equally in that aspect.

Mr Puggsly said:
Even if they don't have the source code I believe they can do a lot, even make major changes to the presentation. The story is this port of Phantom Dust was done secretly at first so getting funding for a big remaster may not have been an option. But if its just $15 or $20, I don't think there is much to complain about.

They can still do allot. But they can't do everything.
They are limited in mainly the same way modders are when a game doesn't have mod support, it takes a fair amount of cracking, hacking and reverse engineering to achieve some pretty basic things.
Discovery Freelancer for instance has been fairly open on it's approaches to modding Freelancer without any source or mod tools initially and have outlined their difficulties. (Which if you are interested, you could check out their Forum.)
They actually had to build allot of the tools to make their mod. That was after hacking the game.

Or take a look at Freespace, mods exploded once the source code was released for that game, some impressive overhauls are happening on that front, prior to the source being released, any and all efforts were pretty uninteresting.

This release I wouldn't call a "Remaster" though. Because it's not. A re-release is a more fitting term.

I'm not sure if you've seen the footage of the X1 port yet but it still looks surprisingly good. Some titles of that gen age better than others.

A simple port with some tweaks is fine as long as its priced accordingly. You can complain but its obviously better than nothing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not sure if you've seen the footage of the X1 port yet but it still looks surprisingly good. Some titles of that gen age better than others.

A simple port with some tweaks is fine as long as its priced accordingly. You can complain but its obviously better than nothing.

It really doesn't look that good.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--