By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How can the USA act so high and mighty after this?

SpokenTruth said:
Because we've developed a long standing agenda of moral high ground that is now embedded into our society.

We're the "good guys" in Hollywood movies, books, TV, video games and we dominate the international media.

We are the epitome of "do as I say and not as I do".

Whatever this guy said. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
There is no such thing as good guys and bad guys, there are only winners and losers especially when it comes to nations. The winners are heroes and the losers are terrorist, thugs, villains you name it. Winners write the history and the losers condemn it. So when all is said and done, try to be on the winning team.

A brutal concept, but it's true. It also can be applied to everything and everyone, including those who whine about illegal migrants crushing the wages, about outsourcing leaving millions without a job, or about H-1B visa making their degrees useless because Indian coders have the same degrees and ask for less.

I personally don't lose anything because just like you said, I am with the winning team in games that actually matter, at least for now. (Have you seen the Switch sales?)

What happens if you wake up one day to find your on the losing side though? Would you not want the winning team to have some mercy then?

Uranium affects babies in their mothers' wombs and it will contaminate Iraq and Syria for decades. Everyone should have something to say about this.

Well. Number 10.

I'm in the middle with this one. On one side I do believe that the Japanese would not surrender had it not been bombed. Guerrilla warfare would ensue and the prolonged battle would just be more detrimental than ever.

This is why I hate it when someone tries to pain themselves white. It never is black and white with the world. Moreso is the fairy tale that we need to fill this world with "good" because if that happened it would definitely tip the balance. Conflict will always be there. The rule of thumb is that we just don't need to cause unnecessary suffering.

The agenda of spreading peace is great, however a person should not drown in the fantasy of a eutopia.

"After this." OP's title acts as if the US, and other countries around the world, haven't done the same or worse in the past and yet are still considered good guys.

Almost every Country on the face of the earth has a checkered past. Since WWI America has been getting sucked into War after War. Vietnam was a blunder and just about every American will tell you that. A lot of changes were made post Vietnam on how the USA fights wars. Also tear gas is not a chemical weapon that causes and excruciating death. But if you want to consider it a chemical weapon then every Country is guilty of using chemical weapons.

If it wasn't for the USA joining forces against the Nazi's in WWII it is highly probably the world would be a completely different place. I'm not saying the United States is a perfect place, far from it. However, you can either have a Country who fights for democracy and makes mistakes or you can have a country who fights for Fascism or Communism or some other form of dictatorship who fights for their believe system.

If the United States were completely out of the picture it would be China and Russia who called the shots around the world. If the USA disappears you'll just have some other Country takes its place and you may not like the outcome so much. Then again maybe you wouldn't mind living in a world were repressive States are calling the shots?

No system or Country is without flaws. However, some times you have to pick sides with Countries that best represent you and your believe systems even though you know they make mistakes from time to time.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
There's a difference between nerve gas and tear gas/pepper spray. In the military, I was required to inhale tear gas and as an officer, I was required to be sprayed with pepper spray.

I personal feel that Trump used a horrible situation abroad to get some heat off of himself. As a black male, I also know America has a dark history.

What is the purpose of this thread? Recruiting terrorists?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Because America has more guns, I suppose.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Number one is the worst by far since it affected the most people. Even a lot of US soldiers that served in Vietnam got fucked over by agent orange.

But number 10 is not a secret...

tiffac said:
But number 10 is not a secret...

Most of them aren't secret.