By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Emulation - The Legalities, Ethics, Benefits and Drawbacks

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Great job with the condescending example. If you can't even tell the differences between the two then I don't know what to tell you man ... Not my problem, that's definitely yours. 

Obviously, it's obvious that you're wrong! Why? Because it's obvious! What are my arguments against you? Obvious of course! 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Great job with the condescending example. If you can't even tell the differences between the two then I don't know what to tell you man ... Not my problem, that's definitely yours. 

Obviously, it's obvious that you're wrong! Why? Because it's obvious! What are my arguments against you? Obvious of course! 

Cerebralbore. How bout you stop with the condescending attitude and get the memo! Someone doesn't have to plan out step by step everything for you for to get it! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

HOW IS TALKING ABOUT EMULATION NOW, FOR CEMU AND PS3 GAMES, COMPARABLE TO AN EMULATOR BEING RELEASED EARLY IN A CONSOLES LIFE?

It's not the same at all! What's hard to comprehend about that comparison? Are you actually that blind to reason that you have to have someone explain every single difference to you? You're fucking 33 and you can't figure this shit out? You made a comparison detailing an emulator that is at direct competition with a console as a dichatomy for dicsussion now, when the emulation you don't want discussed is not at direct competition with current consoles! DO I HAVE TO DETAIL THAT IN THE MOST SPECIFIC WAY FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? Now you could say that wasn't your point at all, but that's the comparison you made and it was faulty.

I would throw so many slurs and words at you if I wouldn't get banned at it. It's honestly unbelievable that you require someone to hold your hand like a baby. I mean i'm only being condescending now because that's how you act.  You say "huuur duuurrr i don't get this!" and then make it sound like it's the persons fault for you not getting a reply that is so obvious to understand. What is wrong with you? What is wrong with your brain? 

Fucking 33. My God. 

I'll just tell you this. You said you wanted to leave this site because of emulation threads. I think you should leave the site, or at least not go into these threads. If you can't handle people talking about stuff you don't like - leave the site! 

RolStoppable said:
All arguments in here are in dire need of a full reset. A good opportunity for me to play moderator.

You're right. I'm bailing out  

Have fun backseat moderating Rol!

This thread has inspired me to go forth and teach the masses how to emulated Nintendo games on the PC.

Gonna go ahead and agree on the thread reset myself. Alchemist and I are just arguing about arguing at this point. Expect a long post detailing my position and spelling everything out in the next few days. 

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
CladInShadows said:

The question was whether or not it was ok to pirate an old game that's now available on these newer micro consoles (NES Classic, SNES Classic, etc.).  And I said yes it's piracy.  And that it's always been piracy.  And that the only time it isn't piracy is when you own the game.  There was no question about emulation at all.  Where did I say emulation was piracy?  Because I am a huge advocate of emulation and piracy being two separate entities.

I have no idea what I've been thinking when reading this thread or rather, have I been thinking at all. I swear I read the post you quoted, then your post quoting said post, and I still didn't understand what was going on. Not my day, I guess, because now it's clear as day. So, uh, yeah, I was wrong and this whole discussion was pointless. Sorry.

Hah, no worries.  I assumed either (a) You somehow misred the post or (b) I somehow misunderstood the post I was quoting.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Both are tools that can be used for theft, and in the case of BotW, and Persona 5, they are overwhelmingly being used for theft. A PC comes along somewhere in the process. The code for custom firmware to crack a modern console is written on a PC. Same thing goes for mod chips. 

False. Emulation itself doesn't allow for the procurement of copyrighted material that say... A torrent provides.
In the case of Breath of the Wild and Persona 5, the emulator was bundled with the game, the emulator was not used to get said game.
It would be wise for you to see them as two distinct entities rather than a singular one.

As for the writing of firmware, you can actually do such tasks on a chromebook or an Android/iOS device... It is not strictly tied to a PC.
And is also not always a requirement in circumventing the copy protection on a console anyway, some consoles just require the soldering of a resistor... Or the addition of a mod chip or nothing at all.

Fact of the matter is... In most forward thinking nations... Emulation is perfectly legal... And piracy is piracy and has nothing to do with emulation itself.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I wonder if it's ok to get a Wii U ISO of BOTW when I only own a Switch copy of the game. I need moral guidance.

edit: Damn just realized that he was banned. Good job, mods, for protecting our right to pirate. That earned you a bonus donation. Gonna tell my piracy mafia pals to chip in a few bucks too. Maybe he was right. If we didn't constantly pay off the mods for protection we might be able to afford the games we're stealing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Emulators usually only run games from previous console generations. So I don't think it affects sales in a noticeable way