By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Sony could counter the Switch!

Ka-pi96 said:
F.Scofield said:

No it never did, wii alone has exclusives enough to double ps4's+ps3 list of exclusives and ps3 doesn't even stand a chance alone. if you want to go on with this list all the ps3 exclusives and i'll list all the wii exclusives, you can even use sequels, it just can't be on x360/pc or wii.

EDIT: i'll help you with this, wii : 332 Exclusives, x360: 221,  ps3: 191 exclusives. ps3 doesn't even beat xbox, so what's gonna be your narrative now? make up more narratives that didn't happen to make a point on your arguments?

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii-only_games

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

Gotta point out that those "exclusive" lists have some glaring inaccuracies, although that should be expected when using wikipedia as a source

Saw timed exclusive games included some of the time, but excluded others (eg. Zelda Skyward Sword included for Wii and TLOU for PS3 despite Wii U and PS4 re-releases, while Uncharted 1-3 and Halo 3-4 aren't included). Same with HD remasters/remakes (Ico + Shadow of Colossus HD are included for PS3 but not Killzone HD). There's games that weren't even released on there (Littlebigplanet HUB) and some that were released but aren't listed (Pokepark Wii, although the sequel was listed for some reason?) and probably a whole bunch of other errors too.

Skyward Sword is playable on the WIi U? Fairly certain you are wrong there. Only Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were remade on the Wii U.

taus90 said:
F.Scofield said:

No it never did, wii alone has exclusives enough to double ps4's+ps3 list of exclusives and ps3 doesn't even stand a chance alone. if you want to go on with this list all the ps3 exclusives and i'll list all the wii exclusives, you can even use sequels, it just can't be on x360/pc or wii.

EDIT: i'll help you with this, wii : 332 Exclusives, x360: 221,  ps3: 191 exclusives. ps3 doesn't even beat xbox, so what's gonna be your narrative now? make up more narratives that didn't happen to make a point on your arguments?

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii-only_games

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

FUN fact: Almost all of those "Wii only games" can be played on Wii U via WiiWare, Virtual console or direct ports on wii U which brings down the tally of exclusive into double digits. But if you still

wanna consider them as exclusive then please consider PS2 games emulation on original launch PS3. 

TIP: Never use wikipedia as source.. e.g. PS3 list doesnt even include tons of japanese only exclusive games.

That is just a stupid argument. When talkign exclusives, one shoudl never discount an exclusive if it becomes available on a FUTURE device, especially when its the same companies future device.

Heck we might as well remove all ps4 exclusives right now as well cause the ps5 will probably have some way of playing them at some point, thus they are no longer exclusive to the PS4?

Around the Network

There are some rumors that say they consider doing a PS4 Portable

Tagged

By selling more PS4 units than Nintendo sells Switch units and by releasing a shit ton of games. At the end of the year Sony will probably do both.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Ruler said:
There are some rumors that say they consider doing a PS4 Portable

If they do, they should probably pack in fireproof gloves.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Having to buy a $300 PS4 + a hypothetical $350 PS4P does not counter the existence and ease of use of the $300 Switch any more than a PS4 + Vita. The Switch's best feature/selling point was accurately portrayed in it's first release trailer. One purchase, one device, you play it anywhere you want. This is why the Switch is selling like hotcakes.

God, it doesn't take long does it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ka-pi96 said:
irstupid said:

Skyward Sword is playable on the WIi U? Fairly certain you are wrong there. Only Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were remade on the Wii U.

Been on the Wii U eshop since last year. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-skyward-sword-available-on-wii-u-eshop-today/1100-6443227/

That's just virtual console, the same as if you put teh physical Wii disc in the Wii U and it plays.

Hardly removes a games exclusivity.

As I said in same post, be like removing a systems entire exclusivity due to a future hardware genreration playing them. Or backwards compat, ect.

So apparantly the ps2 had 0 exclusives. Which is just dumb thinking.

Sony just needs to keep pumping out quality 1st and 2nd party software while keeping strong relations with 3rd parties. Yes, people will decide between Switch and PS4 (or even both). But as long as the console industry stays strong, both systems can co-exist benefiting Nintendo, Sony, and players.

I'm pretty sure something like that isn't even possible unless it's inches thick, has 30 minutes of battery life and is crazy expensive. By the time something like that would be possible with a decent price, decent battery life and be the size to classify as a handheld would the PS5 would be out. At then that's when Nintendo comes in releasing a Switch 2 with PS4 level power.