By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Sony could counter the Switch!

KLXVER said:
Chazore said:

Why do they need to counter the Switch?.

Looks at hw sales

No seriously, why do they need to counter what was designed to be a hh system?.

I dont know. Why did they feel the need to counter the Wii with the Move...or the PC with the Pro?

Wait so the move was a counter tomthe Wii mote? And how is the Pro a counter to the PC or were you being sarcastic and I missed it smh

OT: This is an odd thread.....why does Sony need to counter the Switch?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Hiku said:
F.Scofield said:

OP isn't talking about home consoles or handhelds, he's talking about exclusive ips and if we list both here nintendo list can easily surpass sony and that's a fact and sony isn't the king's exclusive in home consoles either unless you're talking about PS4 only.

He's clearly talking about this generation. And he only mentioned home console games for Sony, not Vita games.
PS4 has way more exclusives than XBO/WiiU/Switch.

Not that the previous generations were any different. Each Playstation console had more exclusives than its competition.

No it never did, wii alone has exclusives enough to double ps4's+ps3 list of exclusives and ps3 doesn't even stand a chance alone. if you want to go on with this list all the ps3 exclusives and i'll list all the wii exclusives, you can even use sequels, it just can't be on x360/pc or wii.

EDIT: i'll help you with this, wii : 332 Exclusives, x360: 221,  ps3: 191 exclusives. ps3 doesn't even beat xbox, so what's gonna be your narrative now? make up more narratives that didn't happen to make a point on your arguments?

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii-only_games

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

TheBlackNaruto said:
KLXVER said:

I dont know. Why did they feel the need to counter the Wii with the Move...or the PC with the Pro?

Wait so the move was a counter tomthe Wii mote? And how is the Pro a counter to the PC or were you being sarcastic and I missed it smh

OT: This is an odd thread.....why does Sony need to counter the Switch?

They had the most powerful console on the market, yet they wanted a more powerful one. I think they did that to compete with PCs.

If you dont think the Move was their answer to the Wiimote, then I dont know what to tell you...

Firstly, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Secondly, why?? They don't need to counter the Switch, they are doing just fine with the PS4. The best way to counter Nintendo is to keep doing what they're doing, they can't do anything about Nintendo exclusives and portability but then Nintendo can't do anything about Sony having the 3rd party western AAA games.
Sony and Nintendo can coexist quite well in this industry as they both target different audiences for the most part. It's MS and PC that they can't let surpass them.

KBG29 said:
Sony doesn't necessarily need to counter the Switch, but they do need to offer a broader range of devices.

I think that a PS4 Portable absolutely needs to happen once 7nm chips are available. The current PS4 Slim only uses about 60 Watts in the heaviest gaming, they will easily be able to drop this down below 20 Watts with a 7nm APU, and newer lower power higher density RAM chips, among many other improvements and reductions over the next few years, and with the removal of parts not needed for a portable. The $300 price point may even be high by 2019.

They also should offer PS4 in a Tablet/Laptop form and offer a 4G variation of the PS4 Portable that can be used as a
Phone.

Eventually, all Sony products should be using a standard and scalable chipset customized for each device, and running on the PS4 OS. Sony should be building a unified ecosystem, so whether you buy a TV, laptop, console, camera, phone, car audio deck, or any other Sony product, they all work together harmoniously. All Sony products should be able to run PlayStation games, as Sony should be leveraging its assets and content to create higher demand for all of their products. It is not about selling PS4 consoles, it is about getting as many people on your hardware, your OS, and your ecosystem.

That is how Sony should not only counter the Switch, but compete in every market of the industry. They are already in all the markets above, but right now they are battling themselves, moving all products to a scalable chip set and a unified Sony OS, will drive revenue and profits well beyond record highs. Which in turn means more new games, more new IP, and more new ways to play.

Sony doesn't make laptops anymore and honestly should be out of TVs and possibly phones. Why the hell would a car audio play playstation? Lol wth?

I actually think a theoretical PS4 Portable should be a high end tablet (at least for launch, it has to be high end) with a gamevice/switch like peripheral (A DS4 split apart like one of those old patents). That is actually what the recent Sony patent shows. The theoretical PS4P should allow the user to easily and seamless access the android OS so that they can use the device for non gaming purposes and google play games. Yes, it should be a dual boot machine. Sony is not capable of developing an OS close to what you can get with Android, IOS or Windows. Even if they could, they are so behind that it's not worth the effort.

Around the Network

I expect a Sony switch like system within the next year

mM

*Look at the thread starter*

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

They need to counter the Switch?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

and OP, just to let you know, half of your exclusives list is timed-exclusives, and ni no kuni 2 and nier automata aren't exclusives, they are pc games aswell, kingdom hearts 3 is coming to xbox one...

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

niceguygameplayer said:

With the early success of Switch,  it seems like Nintendo has a good concept. However, it is an underpowered system for this generation, let alone a 9th generation system. Lastly, will it continue to do as well when people are done playing Zelda? The exclusive release calendar is fairly barren this year as far as AA and AAA is concerned. Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Fire Emblem Warriors and Splatoon 2. This is where my idea comes in for Sony.

Sony is the exclusive King. This year brings Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2,  Ni No Kuni 2, Gran Turismo, Uncharted: The lost Legacy, Final Fantasy 12 remaster, Yazuka 0, Nioh, Nier Automata, Kingdom Hearts, Valkyria Revolution, Wipeout Omega Collection, Knack 2, MLB: The Show, etc. Possibly God of War 4 too. In 2018 they will likely release The Last of Us 2, FF7 remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Days Gone, Yakuza 6, Detroit, Dreams, and God of War 4 if not in 2017. 

OK, here is my exciting idea! The PS4P! PlayStation Four Portable. A system that can play PS4 games at home and on the go. No drop in resolution for portable mode and a big battery. Maybe $350 with a pack in game or $300 for a stand alone. No gimmick controlers to raise the price. Just another Dual Shock required for local 2 player. 6.2 inch OLED screen with HDR. 

Imagine being able to play modern 8th generation games on the go, not 7th or 7.5. Also, there are many older games available for porting: Infamous 2nd Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, The last Guardian, FF 15, Black Ops III, Destiny, etc. Plus it could handle newer PS4 releases. Just not PS4 Pro versions. What do you guys think?

Power is not so important if we talk Nintendo vs competition, DS was less powerful than PSP, Wii than PS3/Xbox 360 and 3DS than Vita. After Zelda BotW, people have other big games to play, MK8D, ARMS (potential good and big game), Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, and probably some other unanssed game/s for this year, but all of them are huge and system seller games (exept ARMS probably).

"Sony is exclusive king" 3-4 years after PS4 launch, it didnt had almost any exclusive game worth mentone in its 1st year, but even that some Zelda BotW or Mario Odyssey are stronger game than any game you mentione.

What are you talking about is not possible and it want be posible at least for 4-5 years. First it's not possible to fit PS4 hardware in portable/tablet form factor, second even with strongest battery, battery life would be less that 30 min in any case. There is reason why Switch weaker than PS4 and don't have strong battery.

At end, Sony dont need to counter Nintendo Switch at all, PS4 is going great and they totally focused on PS4 only, and they already failed with Vita.