By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Sony could counter the Switch!

Graphics don't matter. Games matter. All they need to do is make games for Vita. They threw that bitch out to fend for itself like an unwanted child. 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
KLXVER said:
NewGuy said:

Times have changed and people buy more digital now than ever. PSP GO is the only download only dedicated gaming system ever. It had problems with the proprietary memory card which was too expensive, but many people still liked it. 

A theoretical PS4P with high storage NAND inside and support for SD cards would tempt me. As would the aforementioned download only super mini SKU that I mentioned above. Tech is not there today though.

The Ouya didnt do great either. Neither did the Onlive thing.

Onlive was a streaming service. Ouya was poorly implemented. Nvidia Shield found its niche.

NewGuy said:
KLXVER said:

The Ouya didnt do great either. Neither did the Onlive thing.

Onlive was a streaming service. Ouya was poorly implemented. Nvidia Shield found its niche.

Im not sure Sony is interested in niche.

Sony doesn't need to do anything. The PS4 is still selling just as well, even though a new Nintendo console just launched. The truth is, Sony is the king of the home consoles, where Nintendo really can't compete. And Nintendo is the king of the HH, where Sony really can't compete. So, if the Switch continues to do well, I think we'll see each just do their own thing. Sony will continue to pump out consoles that are as much power as you can get in a $399 box, without too much of a loss. And Nintendo will continue making HH consoles that aren't as nearly as powerful, but has Nintendo's 1st party.

The better question is: What is MS going to do?

For $300? Are you serious? Yeah maybe in 2022. You'd be hard pressed to get something like this out there for less than $700 and that's assuming the tech actually exists in the first place

Around the Network

I have two points to add here:

1. Sony doesn't need to counter the Switch according to our current knowledge.
  2. It's probably not possible to have a portable PS4 yet.

Why do they need to counter the Switch?.

Looks at hw sales

No seriously, why do they need to counter what was designed to be a hh system?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Why do they need to counter the Switch?.

Looks at hw sales

No seriously, why do they need to counter what was designed to be a hh system?.

I dont know. Why did they feel the need to counter the Wii with the Move...or the PC with the Pro?

KLXVER said:

I dont know. Why did they feel the need to counter the Wii with the Move...or the PC with the Pro?

You mean when they tried to cash in on what MS already did with Kinect?. Both ended up failing compared to the Wii mote. The pro isn't selling bucketloads compared to the OG system, so they were hardly designed in mind to completely overthrow what some think they were meant for.

But seriously, why do they need to counter the Switch, why do we need what OP is describing ?. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It's not even possible to make a device Switch sized to have the power of PS4 yet and esp not one that is affordable. Also I would never use Knack 2 as a selling point rofl. In a few years possibly. ATM Switch is maybe the most powerful you can get before making it cost a lot more and drains the battery in a hot second.