By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR owners, are you still playing with your device?

Tagged games:

Still playing your PSVR?

Yes, all the time! 83 21.34%

Hardly ever. 75 19.28%

I still want one! 48 12.34%

I never played it. Don't want it. 72 18.51%

Show us your tits! 111 28.53%

Total:389

And here I am having barely used my PS4 for anything but Netflix and Viaplay in the last 2 months
My little brother uses it more often though.

Around the Network

Since this is back at the top I guess I will update.

Been playing Farpoint, Dick Wilde, and Carnival Games everyday since getting thr Aim controller. Done a couple of sessions with VR Worlds, and really wanted to get to Driveclub again, but just run out of time.

It is still a hassle having to keep switching out the HDMI cables, even if it is just one. I would have no problem upgrading to a PS4 Pro 7100 model if they had the PSVR break out box chips internally, so this switching could be eliminated.

I have also played the Passengers VR experience, and a couple other little games/experiences. There is something new every week, so it keeps me engaged, and I am very willing to try newthings in VR. Like I have said before, this is PS1/N64 all over again, the boundaries over what is possible has grown exponentially.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I forgot I bought Farpoint! I bought it right before my five night stretch at work (12 hours a night) and I've been off for two days. Haven't played any games at all. Tomorrow's my last day off and my wife will be a work. Time to dust off the PSVR and see what's changed!

Bridge crew works great. The first couple missions I was placed with a few experienced people that had no trouble controlling the ship with only 3. At one tricky point we lost the helmsman in episode 3 and still managed to finish with two. Swapping seats works fine. Then we got a fourth and almost finished episode 4, didn't make it though. It's a tough one that requires some practice and planning.

At a later session we tried ep 4 again with 3 rookies and quickly got owned. No fourth joined so we tried an ongoing mission from the original enterprise which is very nicely modeled but much harder to operate. We figured it out eventually. I don't know if there are actual mission for the original ship, not that it really matters I guess. It's a fun ship to fly. We finished the mission with 2% hull left.

Helm control and tactical seem most important, with either being able to switch to engineer, or the captain can switch to engineer to fix things. The captain is mostly there to keep an eye on the surroundings and objectives, call out what's going on. It helps to have a decisive captain when it comes to hide or fight. (The captain seat is required to start the mission yet during an objective he/she can be somewhere else) Ep4 can really use a dedicated engineer though. Plus a good engineer can reroute power to speed things up.

The game is pretty easy to pick up, perhaps not too hard to master, but still requires practice to get familiar with the systems and good teamwork to get further. Fun game.

Add me if you need another crewman, psn name: SvennoJ

My boyfriend Misha puked when played Farpoint for the first time.I hope the technology gets better in time

http://twitter.com/skyer7

3ds: 4270-1889-2005

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

I have pretty much every 7th and 8th gen console connected to the 4K TV in my gameroom. That's where the best versions of my consoles are (PS4 Pro and XBO S--until Scorpio comes out). The living room has the original Xbox One and PS4 and a 1080p tv.

I prefer playing in the game room and, at the same time, the reason I bought a Pro at all was because of the PSVR (and the reason I bought a 4k tv was because of the Pro!). I can't go back to using it on the regular console. 

Quite the conundrum.

It's 1 cable.... From the breakout box back into the pro and vice versa. It's easier than changing a disc...
(I guess it's two as you have to take the other cable out :p)

I have the pro sitting on top of the tv cabinet though, with the breakout box on top of the pro. It's much less work than moving the Switch dock plus Switch back and forth between the game room and living room! Plus I've run out of hdmi inputs, stuck with cable swapping regardless.

How about joining the woderful world of HDMI Switches? I know I did. I have 5 consoles hooked up to the Switch wich goes to the TV and use my second HDMI port on the TV for a cable to hook up my laptop.

As for the PS4 VR/HDR problem, I'm really not sure whats happening there (never heard of the issue before) but maybe a HDMI Splitter would help, if it's an issue with not enough HDMI ports on the pro..?

NATO said:
d21lewis said:

It was in Amazon Japan this morning. Not sure if the price is marked up. It's regular price on American Amazon, though. 

It's been on amazon the whole time, it's just at an inflated price (just under $600) and while it doesn't explicitly state it, the stores selling it are selling imports, K2 store, the ones currently selling through amazon, are selling shipments from the US, and do not mention this until you attempt to buy one.

As per the actual amazon sales page, it specifically states that its not sold by amazon, and that amazon japan no longer sell them, and if you read the product comments people are reporting issues with warranty because the devices they received are either US units or second hand, too

There have been no stock updates locally in japan since launch day.

I'm pretty sure I remember a thread on here about huge lines in Japan for VR restock (maybe around the time RE7 came out?) and how it was turning out to be a sucess. Nothing since then though.

SuperNova said:
SvennoJ said:

It's 1 cable.... From the breakout box back into the pro and vice versa. It's easier than changing a disc...

I have the pro sitting on top of the tv cabinet though, with the breakout box on top of the pro. It's much less work than moving the Switch dock plus Switch back and forth between the game room and living room! Plus I've run out of hdmi inputs, stuck with cable swapping regardless.

How about joining the woderful world of HDMI Switches? I know I did. I have 5 consoles hooked up to the Switch wich goes to the TV and use my second HDMI port on the TV for a cable to hook up my laptop.

As for the PS4 VR/HDR problem, I'm really not sure whats happening there (never heard of the issue before) but maybe a HDMI Splitter would help, if it's an issue with not enough HDMI ports on the pro..?

NATO said:

It's been on amazon the whole time, it's just at an inflated price (just under $600) and while it doesn't explicitly state it, the stores selling it are selling imports, K2 store, the ones currently selling through amazon, are selling shipments from the US, and do not mention this until you attempt to buy one.

As per the actual amazon sales page, it specifically states that its not sold by amazon, and that amazon japan no longer sell them, and if you read the product comments people are reporting issues with warranty because the devices they received are either US units or second hand, too

I'm pretty sure I remember a thread on here about huge lines in Japan for VR restock (maybe around the time RE7 came out?) and how it was turning out to be a sucess. Nothing since then though.

Holding stock for a game release then running raffles for people who went to the launch isnt a restock it's a marketing ploy.
There has been zero restocks online since launch and no stores received any standard stock allocation since launch either.

SuperNova said:
SvennoJ said:

NATO said:

My TV (Sony Bravia) has zero free HDMI ports and only two of them actually support HDR. As far as I know, an HDMI splitter that supports HDR is insanely expensive. The only option for PSVR/PS4 Pro users is cable swapping or just giving up HDR entirely.

Apparently there are some fixes. Haven't read the article yet, but I will: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1340168

d21lewis said:
SuperNova said:

My TV (Sony Bravia) has zero free HDMI ports and only two of them actually support HDR. As far as I know, an HDMI splitter that supports HDR is insanely expensive. The only option for PSVR/PS4 Pro users is cable swapping or just giving up HDR entirely.

Apparently there are some fixes. Haven't read the article yet, but I will: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1340168

Hmmm..there are HDR ready HDMI switches out there too, a couple of those could be able to deal with the problem too.

You could route the PS4 pros HDMI signal into the Switch (1) and then have it go to the next Switch (2) connect it to the TV from there (thus only taking up one of your HDR ready HDMI ports on the TV), and have the other connection going from Switch (1) other port to the VR box and from there to the Headset (and possibly into Switch (2) and back into the TV as well, not sure if that would be neccissary).

Pretty sure Switch (1) would have to be a manual Switch for that to work though and it might degrade picture quality anyways to route it through two Switches, not too sure on that one. Theoretically you should end up with the non-HDR signal at the headset and the HDR signal at the TV and be able to Switch between the two.

SuperNova said:
d21lewis said:

Hmmm..there are HDR ready HDMI switches out there too, a couple of those could be able to deal with the problem too.

You could route the PS4 pros HDMI signal into the Switch (1) and then have it go to the next Switch (2) connect it to the TV from there (thus only taking up one of your HDR ready HDMI ports on the TV), and have the other connection going from Switch (1) other port to the VR box and from there to the Headset (and possibly into Switch (2) and back into the TV as well, not sure if that would be neccissary).

Pretty sure Switch (1) would have to be a manual Switch for that to work though and it might degrade picture quality anyways to route it through two Switches, not too sure on that one. Theoretically you should end up with the non-HDR signal at the headset and the HDR signal at the TV and be able to Switch between the two.

It's been a while since I've looked but, at the time when I got my Pro (day one last year), an HDR switch was like half a grand!

If you could link me to one at a reasonable price (Not just 4k compatible, HDR compatible!) I'll buy it! I'm already using splitters to run my satellite into my Xbox One and TV at the same time and I managed to Kinect pretty much every 7th and 8th gen console to one TV despite having about 4 HDMI ports but this HDR issue stumped me.

My setup: https://youtu.be/Z4j6dXUJBYw