By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR owners, are you still playing with your device?

Tagged games:

Still playing your PSVR?

Yes, all the time! 83 21.34%

Hardly ever. 75 19.28%

I still want one! 48 12.34%

I never played it. Don't want it. 72 18.51%

Show us your tits! 111 28.53%

Total:389
SvennoJ said:
Madword said:
My next VR purchase is Star Trek Bridge crew, as it just looks like a blast, might end up getting 2 copies so my son can play with me. Especially like how it generates missions, so from a single player point of view you can keep playing it (sick of expensive games with very little SP content).

Other than that, I do want to get drive club at some point. Waiting for Eve V to drop in price again (it was on my radar when it was 25). Same with that tank game... not playing 50 quid for a 15 pound experience.

Not really know anything about farpoint, how long an experience is it meant to be, what type of experience?

Do you have 2 PSVR headsets? Or can you play Bridge crew without a headset as well?
It would be cool if a second player can join on the social screen.

I'm 100% back to psvr after finishing HZD, although I still have plenty other screen games in my backlog.

I tried Thumper again, got a lot worse at it after the long break, yet it's still awesome. The break didn't help me get further in 6+, didn't even get past the 3rd stage now. I did manage to slightly increase my score on vanilla level 7.

DriveClub sucked me back in. I dropped to #49 on the world leaderboard, time to climb back up a bit. Racing is awesome in VR even though the graphics were a bit of a shock again after HZD. It feels so good to sit in the car and be able to look where you're going. I don't know if they improved tracking, yet the headset behaved near flawlessly for hours where I used to have to reset the viewpoint at least once every race, much better.
Activity seems to have died down a lot unfortunately. There are only a handful community challenges left, will have to add some more. (You can always get more challenges by checking the ongoign list from the top clubs. Challenges only show up in communicty lists after enough people have attempted them. Active userbase is getting low)

I picked Loading human back up. Ugh that control scheme, the slow movement speed, stepwise turning. Crappy story as well. Without the novelty of playing in VR this is just a bad game. I'm not convinced using motion controllers has a future. I'm constantly bumping into my legs and the armrests trying to pick up and place things. You pretty much have to play standing up or uncomfortably lean forward while playing. I expect you to die gets around this by adding psychokinesis powers to the move controllers. Move is redeemed in the shooting section, tracking has gotten better.

The Statik demo is pure awesomeness. It works with ds4, drops you into a puzzle with zero handholding. You have to figure out what each button does by simply trying, then figure out what's expected of you and solve the puzzle. Very satisfying demo. It's on my short list to buy. Just wanted to check out a few revies before buying, seems the rest is good too. Currently 81 on metacritic with the only negative the short length, what else is new.

The Chainsmokers VR music video is pretty well done. Worth checking out. Beware the song has a tendency to get stuck in your head after the VR experience.

Youtube has a 360 VR section with new 4K 360 and 3D videos that look pretty decent. It's a nice extra, resolution is still a bit low with 4K at 360 degrees and the frame rate really needs to be improved in these videos. There's a few 8K videos too yet I guess my connection can't keep up with them as they don't look any better than the 4K ones.

I was going to play some Dirt Rally and continue with Mervils, but DriveClub already took all my time the past few days. Will get to it later.

Dont think there is a second screen experience with Bridge crew... still wondering how it works in single player.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Use it everytime I get something new for it. Next up is Farpoint.

Madword said:

Dont think there is a second screen experience with Bridge crew... still wondering how it works in single player.

I guess I'll find out in a few weeks. Farpoint first.

I've finished Statik (awesome) and currently playing Polybius (awesome). The later levels are getting challenging, but always fun to retry.

Does anyone of you already have "Star Trek: Bridge Crew"?

My PSVR copy should arrive tomorrow and I'm looking for some minions crew members.

Rifters and Vivers are also welcome, cross-play seems to work fine:

View on YouTube

I have reserved a copy, hopefully I'll have to time to pick it up today. I watched uploadvr play the original tos, looks fun.

I'm not done Farpoint yet either, fun game. I wouldn't mind playing Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 again in VR with the aim controller. How hard would it be to port ps3 games to psvr? Maybe some of the effects and scale don't work in VR, yet they both already had 3D modes last gen.

Around the Network

They should port every good PS3 game with Move support to PSVR

I picked it up during lunch time. Still nicely shrink wrapped.

Apparently I got lucky with Farpoint. Not long after I bought it the last bundle sold as well that day. They have no idea when they get restocked. Sony still doesn't seem to get psvr games sell!

Looking at the list of 3D games on ps3, Puppeteer might be a good fit for VR as well. It had 3D and move support already. How hard can it be to port that. No risk of motion sickness either. Child of Eden is on that list too but not published by Sony.

Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 already played great with move. Would be even better with the aim controller. Hopefully the feedback from Farpoint shows Sony that they should not worry so much about motion sickness and get on with it!

d21lewis said:

Just a quick question.

PSVR is awesome and the most immersive experience I can recall having with a console in recent history. I'm not using mine.

I mean, since having my PSVR connected means I can't use HDR on my PS4 Pro, I've just disconnected it. Since it's not connected, sometimes I want to play it but I don't bother going through the trouble of playing with cables. Suddenly, I realized that I haven't touched mine since completing Resident Evil 7.

Am I the only one whose​ hardware has been gathering dust?

Used it last night

Farpoint bundle is sold out everywhere. Reviews made me want to try it. Everyone seems to think its a lot of fun.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I use it now and then. Farpoint will be my next purchase.