By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR owners, are you still playing with your device?

Tagged games:

Still playing your PSVR?

Yes, all the time! 83 21.34%

Hardly ever. 75 19.28%

I still want one! 48 12.34%

I never played it. Don't want it. 72 18.51%

Show us your tits! 111 28.53%

Total:389
Conina said:
SvennoJ said:

Now how awesome would it be if you could beam over to enemy ships and use the aim controller to try to take control of the ship. 

Yeah, "Elite Force" was one of my favorite Star Trek games. A Star Trek VR shooter against the Borg would be great.

Elite Force was great, I loved exploring the original ship.

Before that I played Star Trek: Borg. Basically an fmv game with choice points with the length of a double episode. Production values were very good and Q was the star. It was also one of the first games I played after hooking up my PC to my first projector. Great fun for an evening with a couple of friends over. Nowadays something like that wouldn't sell for $5. Here's the whole game

Stuff like that playing out on the bridge in bridge crew would be cool.

There was a Klingon version too. 3D fmv could work in VR as long as you're stuck to one spot which you are in Bridge crew. The Joshua Bell experience shows how to do it. It could be fun to dress up missions like that. Couple it with speech recognition to be able to reply and give orders would make it interesting.

Around the Network

I guess Bridge Crew popularity exceeded their expectations. It was working fine until about 12:30am my time, which is 9:30pm east coast time. Fast to join, very short wait to get 4 players together, Vive, OR and PSVR all working together beautifully. Then it started dropping people, dropping voice chat and quitting back to the lobby in the middle of a mission until half an hour later I could not connect to the server at all anymore. Server capacity exceeded I assume. Try again tomorrow.

SvennoJ said:

We managed to conquer episode 4 (allthough not with all objectives) however 3 attempts at episode 5 were unsuccessful. I'm glad it's not too easy as that's the last episode already. There are still objectives to complete on previous episodes, some more trophies to earn and ofcourse the ongoing missions to play. Hopefully I'll get put with a competent crew again tonight as I'm itching to try out some different tactics.

I tried it briefly in single player to check out a few things but you really need at least 2 people. Steering and targeting can't be done alone, at least not efficiently enough in the later episodes, where a dedicated engineer is very welcome too. Ofcourse a captain to call the next target and when to disenage to recharge is very helpful too, but can be missed and is a useful spare player for when someone loses connection.

I finished episodes 1 - 4 now in single player and even beat the final klingon ship in single player... but I couldn't escape the blast radius of the bomb.

Is there a trick? I can't use warp and can't either set impulse targets. Do I have to beam the bomb on my ship somehow? I only know how to transport people.

Conina said:
SvennoJ said:

We managed to conquer episode 4 (allthough not with all objectives) however 3 attempts at episode 5 were unsuccessful. I'm glad it's not too easy as that's the last episode already. There are still objectives to complete on previous episodes, some more trophies to earn and ofcourse the ongoing missions to play. Hopefully I'll get put with a competent crew again tonight as I'm itching to try out some different tactics.

I tried it briefly in single player to check out a few things but you really need at least 2 people. Steering and targeting can't be done alone, at least not efficiently enough in the later episodes, where a dedicated engineer is very welcome too. Ofcourse a captain to call the next target and when to disenage to recharge is very helpful too, but can be missed and is a useful spare player for when someone loses connection.

I finished episodes 1 - 4 now in single player and even beat the final klingon ship in single player... but I couldn't escape the blast radius of the bomb.

Is there a trick? I can't use warp and can't either set impulse targets. Do I have to beam the bomb on my ship somehow? I only know how to transport people.

The bomb in episode 5? That one you have to beam aboard. Transport works the same as people, it will show up when you scan the right ship.
In episode 4 you survive until you can warp away where you defeat the final klingon ship. There was no bomb there afaik. It's only the Herodotus that gets a reactor meltdown after you rescue the people. (with plenty warning) I guess otherwise you could hide out too long in that part sitting out the 20 minutes in an anomaly. The later parts are much harder to stay undetected.

Episode 5 went very smooth with a good crew and managing the shields correctly. There might be some luck involved too as a later attempt with a good crew ended in destruction after less than 10 minutes.

SvennoJ said:
Conina said:

The bomb in episode 5? That one you have to beam aboard. Transport works the same as people, it will show up when you scan the right ship.

Yeah, I finished episodes 1 - 4 and died in episode 5 after defeating the last enemy. So I have to beam the weapon to not die in the blast.

Tried that now, but while disturbing its shields I also had to lower my shields and was shot down on my second try :(

So next time, I will try to shoot down its shields and then disturb the weapons (instead of disturbing the shields) before lowering my own shields and transporting.

Around the Network
Conina said:
SvennoJ said:

Yeah, I finished episodes 1 - 4 and died in episode 5 after defeating the last enemy. So I have to beam the weapon to not die in the blast.

Tried that now, but while disturbing its shields I also had to lower my shields and was shot down on my second try :(

So next time, I will try to shoot down its shields and then disturb the weapons (instead of disturbing the shields) before lowering my own shields and transporting.

What we did was disrupt its weapons while taking down the shields with phasers, then target the weapons with the beam laser to completely disable them while transporting the weapon.

Do you switch seats in single player or do you give all commands from the captain's chair and rely on the AI? The few times I played single player I was swapping seats, however the dumb AI doesn't do anything after you switch. The AI is so stupid it simply flew straight into the Kobayashi Maru after giving the engage command and got stuck there. I only got 60 people saved so far of the 120 for the trophy.

One thing would sure be easier in single player, controlling the original enterprise from the captains chair. However all the fun comes from going into it with a bunch of people that have no clue what's going on :) "Align the grey thingies with the white thingies on the etch-a-sketch board besides you"

SvennoJ said:
Conina said:

What we did was disrupt its weapons while taking down the shields with phasers, then target the weapons with the beam laser to completely disable them while transporting the weapon.

Do you switch seats in single player or do you give all commands from the captain's chair and rely on the AI?

The new strategy worked like a charm! So all 5 missions are doable solo with the KI crew.

Most commands i gave from the captains chair (to the whole crew or to specific KI members), but a few times I swapped seats to get better info from their screens or to set some minor details. If I want to steer around or between enemy vessels (to stay undetected) or to steer around anomalies, I take the helm set... that's the position with the weakest KI.

Conina said:
SvennoJ said:

Do you switch seats in single player or do you give all commands from the captain's chair and rely on the AI?

The new strategy worked like a charm! So all 5 missions are doable solo with the KI crew.

Most commands i gave from the captains chair (to the whole crew or to specific KI members), but a few times I swapped seats to get better info from their screens or to set some minor details. If I want to steer around or between enemy vessels (to stay undetected) or to steer around anomalies, I take the helm set... that's the position with the weakest KI.

Makes sense. Engineer and Tactical can follow simple commands, steering is very limited with commands, follow or avoid basically. We finished the Kobayashi Maru challenge last night with 126 survivors. It might be doable in solo, yet the best strategy seems to park right on top of the ship, pivot the ship to face enemies and try to get in the path of torpedos to protect the Kobayashi Maru.

I made it to max rank already, have the trophies left to complete all random objectives, visit every star system and play 6 games with friends. The original enterprise was a lot of fun again, so atmospheric. I hope the TNG bridge will be added in DLC, as well as some more varied missions. For now hanging out on the bridge with a couple people is still enough fun by itself.