By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 90s stuff you miss the most?

Oh and anime saturday mornings on Sci-Fi channel. They had some amazing ones!

Around the Network
Turkish said:

-variety in gaming

-action movies and stars like Stallone, Van Damme, Arnold

-Mainstream music was actually good back then, you didn't have to go dig deep into obscure bands or groups to find the good stuff like today. "u arent looking hard enough" Thats always the defense of those who say there is still good music.

Chris Hu said:
I don't see how so many people mentioned the music. 90s music is and was terrible and forgettable especially in the mid 90s.

Nah 90s music was great: techno, eurodance, west/east coast gangsta rap rivalry, g-funk, groups like Faithless etc, this is specific for me but Turkish music was great too.

Not really especially since 80s music was at least five times better.  A prime example of this superiority would be 1987 versus 1997.

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/bg_hits/bg_hits_87.html

That list has at least 80 memorable and iconic songs.

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/bg_hits/bg_hits_97.html

That list has maybe 20 memorable and iconic songs in it and the top ten is mostly forgettable except for the song in the top spot.

NinjaguyDan said:
I miss my matte black 1980 Buick Riviera. I even painted the bumpers and grille.
The engine crapped out on me in 1993 so I dropped a 455 in it. Total beast!
I had to sell it at the end of the 90s to get something more practical.

But why that has to be one of the most forgettable cars of the 80s.  Its just as forgettable as the first car that I drove (just in a empty parking lot not any actual streets) a 1983 Dodge Mirada but at least that car gets a few cool points for also being the base car for a NASCAR race car.  The vast majority of all American cars in the late 70s and early 80s where forgettable and terrible the only places that made worse cars where the UK, the countries behind the iron curtain and South Korea. 

blockbuster video

I am Iron Man

a balanced budget in the US government

the excitement of Sony first entering the console market

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

The dancing segments on Soul Train. The old formula for Lucky Charms. Liking garbage like Lucky Charms. A pair of pants I used to have. How I looked.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

no identity politics

no responsibilities

at times how simple things were - before everything had updates and progress bars. i feel like how my free time is doing that shit

Three genders

Bill Clinton.

Smartphone free life. I was reading much more books at that time.