By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gomezc said:
I'm sure that the percentage of 360's now have less RRoD but just about every display 360 I see at Wal-Mart or gamestop is dead, but I'll give the benefit of doubt and say those are the old SKU's and not the newer ones.

They're usually also in crappy enclosures with little airflow, which doesn't help at all... I've seen dead PS3s at demo stations too, I don't think it's a good place to have a console.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Is anyone else getting really sick of the RROD threads?

It's just another excuse for folks who really want a 360 but are terrified to get one. All of a sudden, reliability is at the forefront of buying a console. Pfft ... if that were the case, the Xbox and GC would have won last gen. Sure, it happens - but it's really, really exaggerated and PS3 worshippers will gladly throw that up like baby formula.

I had to send my 360 back before but I think my son running past it, snagging a cord and pulling it down off the shelf had a lot to do with it. 

After some careful thought, if a gamer is really worried about buying a console and playing in fear, they are better off spending $399 or $499 buying a console that rocks as an HD movie player and having a peace of mind that one day there will be enough excellent quality games for it to justify its price tag. 

Problem still not solved as far as I'm aware. My brother had his replaced as the motherboard overheated and all the did was put a second fan in...

Good to see this site is still going 

Quartz said:
Problem still not solved as far as I'm aware. My brother had his replaced as the motherboard overheated and all the did was put a second fan in...

I am sorry to hear that ... and Montana's just gave up the ghost. However, I do believe most folks abuse their 360s a lot too. I have only had to send two consoles back to manufacturers due to hardware problems - a PS2 and a 360.

Seriously, can we have a show of hands of how many gamers have seen the RROD personally? I am not talking about hearing stories, I'm talking about actually seeing a console dead and flashing with their own two eyes? 

Never heard of RROD before until I visited this site and no I have not seen it before.

Around the Network

It is fixed but only to na etxent, there still is a chance of you suffering RRoD just less chance than before.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Quartz said:

When was that 360 produced?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Ok RROD will be with the Xbox360 for the rest of the consoles LIFE!!!

You know why? Because thats the signal for GENERAL HARDWARE ERROR. It's like talking about a check engine light issue on a car.

:)

I would expect that the failure rate to be heading under 5% as of right now, simply due to the fact that it is not in Microsofts best interests to support an unreliable console for 3 years.

Tease.

madskillz said:

It's just another excuse for folks who really want a 360 but are terrified to get one. All of a sudden, reliability is at the forefront of buying a console. Pfft ... if that were the case, the Xbox and GC would have won last gen. Sure, it happens - but it's really, really exaggerated and PS3 worshippers will gladly throw that up like baby formula.

Bitter, party of one please.

You just crack me up sometimes. I can just see the people at the store trying to buy a 360... yet they are just to terrified to do it. Horor flick music starts up in the background... I think... wait... do I hear a chain saw in the distance....

Run... Run... We just can't buy this thing!!!

ARRRRRRRRRR!

TheRealMafoo said:
madskillz said:

Bitter, party of one please.

You just crack me up sometimes. I can just see the people at the store trying to buy a 360... yet they are just to terrified to do it. Horror flick music starts up in the background ... I think ... wait ... do I hear a chainsaw in the distance ...

Run ... Run ... We just can't buy this thing!!!

ARRRRRRRRRR!

Fixed.

LOL ... you are too funny. Thanks for my morning laugh.