By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

is the RRoD thing fixed in newer consoles, iv been looking at some of the newer threads and the 360 guys are saying its fixed in newer consoles but the ps3 guys are in denial or whatever saying its not.  so what is it fixed or not fixed

Around the Network

Yes

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

It is not fixed entirely but the new consoles seem to be more resistant to it.

To be "fixed" we all would need to know just what was wrong with it in the first place.

MS never said what the problem was or how or even if they fixed it.

Newest 360 Skus still get the red ring if thats what your asking.

I don't think anyone knows the extent of RRoD in newer consoles, it's better but it's not eradicated that's for sure.

I was in EBGames just last week and theirs had RRoDed and at the Game Developers Conference MSs own stand RRoD to their embarassment in front of the press.

Around the Network

If it is fixed then there's no worry at all.

If it isn't fixed you still have a three year warranty so who really cares?

There's no such thing as 100% fixed, but from what I've seen it's not a serious problem anymore. I trust it enough that I bought one recently, and I certainly don't expect to be disappointed.

PS: Of course PS3 fanboys will keep saying that the RROD still exists even if they don't know so, it would be far more surprising if they didn't.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i got 360 bak in august 07, but i think that a lot of new potenial 360 owners are scared go to one b/c of RRoD and y would ms continue to make flawed 360's if they are losing money

I would say the newer consoles have a 'normal' defect rate of 3-5% or so vs the earlier models of 35%+.

I won't care if it is a lifetime warranty. 3 years isn't that long. I am using an early 2006 console and it hasn't ringed on me yet. In fact I have a feeling when the 3 years are up it's gonna red ring so 3 years is nothing.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"