By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Seems Russia can't be trusted after all

Snoopy said:
DarkD said:
The only threat that comes from Russia is the nukes and maybe some espionage crap, the rest is an absolute joke. They spend 60 billion dollars a year on their military. China spends about 100 billion a year. The USA spends about 600 billion dollars a year on it's military. So even if they combined their firepower, we'd still bury both of them. That's not even including all the ally nations we have...

These countries have a lot more to be afraid of from us than we do of them. As long as no one starts the nukes, we're fine...

Don't we have anti defense missiles that can stop nukes? Haven't read up on military technology in a while.

It's iffy.  It's basically trying to hit a bullet with another bullet.  They say they're somewhat confident about doing it with missiles that have just been launched, but long range ones... Don't bet on it.  

There's actually much more promise in the system Obama pushed for.  It sounds like it's what stopped the North Korean missile launch recently.  Basically, Obama started development of a large scale hacking program to blow up missiles before they launch.  This is supposedly why so many of North Korea's missile tests have been failing recently.  

Around the Network

Same old story. North Korea makes nuclear weapons? Outrageous! They are the devil! Nuclear weapons of the US are ok, of course, because they are the good guys. Russis makes robots designed to kill people? How dare they! Only the totally good guys in the US are allowed to do that! Anyone killing innocents in the world? I demand retaliation! USA bombing a hospital? That's ok, they are the good guys and there probably were only bad guys in there anyway!

It's getting old. What I'm more concerned about is that it could soon be legal to beat your kids in russia. But russia building modern weapons? They have every right to do that. It isn't exclusive to the US.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

How did you get the idea that they're making an android/terminator like machine to use on the US? ugh..... A lot of the 1st world/big countries are developing technologies related to androids, drones, mechs, automated tanks, etc. Doesn't mean they're out to get the US.

OdinHades said:
It's getting old. What I'm more concerned about is that it is legal to beat your kids in russia. 

thats not true at all! ))

When a country is surrounded by a military alliance of more than 20 countries, you expect that country to not develop its military?

Around the Network

Sharu said:
OdinHades said:
It's getting old. What I'm more concerned about is that it is legal to beat your kids in russia. 

thats not true at all! ))

Indeed, I didn't remember that correctly, sorry. But it is currently discussed to legalize such behaviour, which is bad enough. There shouldn't even be a discussion about this if you ask me. 

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/debatten/soll-haeusliche-gewalt-strafbar-sein-russland-diskutiert-14826380.html

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

You are too paranoid.US is creating even more powerful weapons, contries on Europe are creating more powerful weapons.Japan is creating more powerful weapons.

Putin is a strange man, but niot a crazy one.

If he's so sane, why is he backing the Syrian regime?

For the same reason your beloved US invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, OIL

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

When those machines starts talking like this guy, then we should definitely worry. lol!

Seems you just watch TV propaganda too much