By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SJW: Most Abused Term Ever?

Just use the damn therm when appropriate. Like when people make an issue of God of war is sex minigames or 2B's butt. Yes those are things only a SJW cares about. Having a developed female lead or character doesn't mean a game is SJW. If it doesn't it also doesn't mean its sexist though.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

yes.

I hate when i say anything which isn't 100% pro-conservative and people always say dumbass things like "ur a sjw liberal lol". Whenever I see someone say that to me, I feel unholy rage. What's worse is that certain users on here do it as well.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Sure, every time i see that i stop reading. sjw, cucks, snowflakes and fake news, not worth reading anything from people that vomits these words at every opportunity they have.

Same here.

@OP

I agree. "Feminist" and "SJW's" are two most commonly misused terms in the last couple of years. It's actually hilarious. Certain people see a black actor and all they can think of is "LEFT agenda!". "Pft, must be a SJW, pass!". Truly hilarious to read.

The people that throw around the term sjw are just as bad if not worse than actual sjws in my experience. The issue is never politics themselves but whining and complaining. Imo complaining about "sjw games" and feminism is just as annoying as complaining about 2b's butt ot Zelda being a damsel in distress. Both sides are just trying to put the world in their little bubble where everyone thinks and feels the same

SJW, as I've always defined it for myself was: People defending or preaching something they either don't believe and are doing it for popularity points, despite the fact they really don't give a shit about the cause they're supposedly representing.

Around the Network

I think zionism and "he is hitler" are much more abused.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
I think zionism and "he is hitler" are much more abused.

They were, but nowadays the term 'SJW' is way more overused on the internet.

StarOcean said:
SJW, as I've always defined it for myself was: People defending or preaching something they either don't believe and are doing it for popularity points, despite the fact they really don't give a shit about the cause they're supposedly representing.

I define it as 'People who constantly try to find things that may be seen as discriminating, and try to fight it in an exaggerated and often very hypocritical way'.

It is a simple strategy for winning is to not debate the issue, but poison a brand. Let's say there is a group you disagree with and they have a label. Here's how you poison it.

1. Attach the label to the most extreme members of that ideology, repeat over and over that this individual is indicative of the group
2. Always focus on divisive aspects rather than anything that could gain traction
3. Take ideas or statements out of context, mold the discussion to the narrative rather than one of debate
4. If that fails, just lie, repeat the lie and confuse the discussion
5. It is always an existential threat, one treated combatively using fear and anger

Rather than seeing people as a spectrum within the left now they are all codified as "snowflakes" or "cucks" that need "trigger warnings" and "safe spaces". All about perception and branding, and frankly the right are far better at it than the left.

It's almost used as much as "racism", "white privilege" and "BLM" the caner phrases of 2016.. But of course nobody from the left is going to point that out.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985