By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition Metascore Prediction - 92 Meta and 92,32% GR

Barkley said:

94 with 25 reviews.

Considering it's a remaster such a large increase in score over the original is likely due to current perception. I.E WiiU = Crap, Switch = Yay

Hating nintendo isn't "trendy" right now for reviewers.

Damn, if it isn't trendy, who are we going to hate so passionately ?

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Barkley said:

94 with 25 reviews.

Considering it's a remaster such a large increase in score over the original is likely due to current perception. I.E WiiU = Crap, Switch = Yay

I say Atari. I mean what have they done for us lately?

KLXVER said:
Barkley said:

94 with 25 reviews.

Shouldnt Breath Of The Wild have a lower score on the WiiU then?

I didn't specifically mean the system, I more meant that during the WiiU Era negative reception for Nintendo was prevalent because the general attitude was negative.

KLXVER said:
guiduc said:

I say Atari. I mean what have they done for us lately?

Or Scorpio, would be cool to hate on it until it launches

Barkley said:
KLXVER said:

Shouldnt Breath Of The Wild have a lower score on the WiiU then?

I didn't specifically mean the system, I more meant that during the WiiU Era negative reception for Nintendo was prevalent because the general attitude was negative.

I dont think thats the case. Reviewers usually dont care what system the game is on. Unless its hard to control because of the controller or something. 

Around the Network

94 with 28 reviews. It's looking real good

guiduc said:
94 with 28 reviews. It's looking real good

Thats quite amazing for a port.

94 ... daym I was close. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it stays that way it's going to be the highest rated Mario Kart.

Guess a legit battle mode made all the difference.

Barkley said:

94 with 25 reviews.

Well, I would think it would be due to these factors that differentiate Mario Kart 8 Wii U on release to Deluxe Switch release

1. 720p/59fps to 1080p/60fps (pretty pointless imo, but some seem to care)

2. Battle Mode people want (a new mode and a dang fun one to boot, consider the last point I bring up with this mode as well)

3. 16 more tracks as well as more karts/character/ect (not new if you owned dlc of last game, but 16 more tracks that were not available when mk8 was last reveiwed)

4. And last but not least. PORTABILITY