By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony going third party is an excellent idea for gamers.

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, I find it reasonable. 186 37.73%

No, I find it is a stupid idea. 307 62.27%

Total:493

It would be nice if all games were playable on all consoles.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
All games being on the PC would be one of the worst possible ideas.
It removes motivation, competition, and any reason to actually try.

Specially since I think they would just get lazy and let the "mods" fix everything. Along with sloppy ports.

Exclusives exist to sell the console. If the console didn't exist - or was unneeded, exclusives wouldn't exist.
They aren't trying to sell you "games" they are trying to sell you an environment. One where you guys games AND hardware.

If consoles couldn't sell you hardware, controllers, headsets etc PLUS lose out on the "platform royalty" AND have to give a chunk of it to steam - they would quit.

Huh? If all games were on PC, wouldn't that result in even more competition...? Cause now there are even more games to choose from in a platform which already has tons of games being released daily. And steam (as well as other services) have a refund system so if there are sloppy ports, users would just get a refund and the developer/publisher wouldn't make any money...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Everyone should go first party and create their own console.

Barkley said:
Mnementh said:

Why? It is an excellent idea for gamers (as the thread asks) without a doubt, it might not be so good for Sony, but that is hard to judge.

It's good for gamers that want to play on PC*

PS4 is already a PC, only with specifications incompatible to the rest.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

seeing how many pc gamers have weak pcs, games from naughty dog would be held back way to much.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Barkley said:

It's good for gamers that want to play on PC*

PS4 is already a PC, only with specifications incompatible to the rest.

Go back and read my post on previous page about the differences between console and PC gaming currently.

Physical Releases, Used Games, Gamepad Online Multiplayer, Streamlined OS for Gaming, Simplicity... etc etc.

Higher truth does not exist.

PC offers the top level of performance and customization.
Xbox offers a PC-like experience in simpler console form.
Switch offers the convenience of a hybrid system and the superior handheld experience.

Sony? They are just redundant. Have great hype-based marketing, though.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Sprash said:
seeing how many pc gamers have weak pcs, games from naughty dog would be held back way to much.

We do have different graphical settings for a reason...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

FunFan said:
Higher truth does not exist.

PC offers the top level of performance and customization.
Xbox offers a PC-like experience in simpler console form.
Switch offers the convenience of a hybrid system and the superior handheld experience.

Sony? They are just redundant. Have great hype-based marketing, though.

You know Xbox and Sony are interchangeable in your post, though the latter furthers your point so you chose them as the redundant party.

Why on Earth, the most successful videogame company on Earth would go 3rd party???

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...