By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017

Switch lifetime figures?

12-15 million 72 7.05%

15-20 million 58 5.68%

20-25 million 78 7.64%

25-30 million 119 11.66%

Way more than the above 694 67.97%

Total:1,021
Hynad said:
Flilix said:

But the handheld sales are a lot more stable, with the 3DS selling almost as much as the GBA and the DS selling more than the GameBoy.

Nintendo now only has 1 console anymore, which means they can develop more games for it than for any of their other consoles/handhelds.

Nope. Nintendo still has the 3DS as well.

When they stop producing anything for it, we'll know if the strategy they have for the Switch (one console bringing both of their markets as one) will pay off.

I suppose no major titles will come to the 3DS anymore, and Nintendo will stop developping 3DS games after 2017.

The Switch is clearly more important now, unlike past generations, when they had 2 important consoles to develop for.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
As long as you got the big exclusive hitters the came on the 3DS and Wii U to the Switch, then it should be able to do 50mil+
- Pokemon
- MH
- Splatoon
- Mario Kart
- Super Smash
- Animal Crossing
- More Zelda
- and others that I might forgot

This thread is about 3rd party games/support, your list is all 1st party aside from MH lol

Besides, anybody that picks up a NS knows that those 1st party games and MH are likely to come to NS anyways and is expected.  People want more 3rd party support for NS or else it'll just be like Wii U and that's what nobody wants.

Sounds like flamebait to me.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I think only Battlefront would have a strong audience on the Switch anyway...

Why would it matter if it got those games though? As long as it gets Mario, zelda and Pokemon it's going to sell

Around the Network
twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:

3DS on the other hand...

I didnt realise the 3DS wasnt a handheld but an actual console that received console dominant IPs.

So, are we all just ignoring the Wii for some reason? Because that was Nintendo's best selling console ever, and that didn't have any of the major third party games. 

If Wii can do it, no reason why Switch can't.

Flilix said:

I even doubt Destiny 2 will sell over 10 million, since the first Destiny only sold about 13 million copies.

Since Destiny was kind of a failure, a lot of people wouldn't want the second game, even if it's good. The same thing happened to Watch Dogs 2

I don't follow your reasoning. If 13M for a new IP is a failure, Uncharted, Gears of War, Zelda are probably massive flops because they sell 5-8M. 

V-r0cK said:
Jranation said:
As long as you got the big exclusive hitters the came on the 3DS and Wii U to the Switch, then it should be able to do 50mil+
- Pokemon
- MH
- Splatoon
- Mario Kart
- Super Smash
- Animal Crossing
- More Zelda
- and others that I might forgot

This thread is about 3rd party games/support, your list is all 1st party aside from MH lol

Besides, anybody that picks up a NS knows that those 1st party games and MH are likely to come to NS anyways and is expected.  People want more 3rd party support for NS or else it'll just be like Wii U and that's what nobody wants.

Or like 3ds which is pretty good. Not able to compete with ps4, but still good.

People have only received the exact specs for the Switch for around three months now, and they've only known that it has a legit chance of success in sales for less.

If the sales of the Switch remain strong and the first few 3rd party titles perform well, you can bet the ports will be coming. It's just a matter of whether or not these 3rd party devs believe the money is there. Don't expect much in the first year, but we might see a lot more by year two.

torok said:
Flilix said:

I even doubt Destiny 2 will sell over 10 million, since the first Destiny only sold about 13 million copies.

Since Destiny was kind of a failure, a lot of people wouldn't want the second game, even if it's good. The same thing happened to Watch Dogs 2

I don't follow your reasoning. If 13M for a new IP is a failure, Uncharted, Gears of War, Zelda are probably massive flops because they sell 5-8M. 

A failure in terms of quality, not in sales.

Watch Dogs was a mediocre game too, but it still sold well because of the hype. Watch Dogs 2 was a slightly better game (or at least equally good), but it didn't sell well, because people weren't interested anymore (since the first game was disappointing).