By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - does anyone still think the wii will lose this console war?

Makes sense to me. Nintendo can only reduce the Wii $50 in two years, but Sony can reduce the price of the PS3 $350 in the same time period because they have fanboy magic fairy dust.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
leo-j said:

My prediction has been and will always be PS3 winning this gen, and then if the same thing happens we will always know playstation cannot be beaten in console wars.

Therefore I do think there is about a 20-35% chance the wii can lose, If the PS3 comes into price range with the wii, its over.

Even if the wii has a new color, if the PS3 = wii in price its over.

edit: Let me put it simple, if the PS3 is at $249.99 us dollars, it doesnt matter if the wii is $199.99 the ps3 will outsell it.

Talk about deja vu. You've said this so many times now...

By the time the PS3 is $250 the Wii will be at like $150. Still $100 less and definitely a lot more third party support will be on the Wii due to sales. Also, how long will the PS3 take to get to $250? Thi year the Wii will sell more than 40 mil total. 2009 it will be more than 60 mil total. Maybe eben nearing 70 mil if production increases in which case the Wii will be WAAAY to far for the PS3 to catch up by then.

Your still forgetting something soriku, humans are not machines, they arent going to buy it at a trend and certain pattern, if people want it they will buy it, but I just dont think 60-70million people want the wii right now. Also, Im not saying the PS3 will be $249 this year, Im just saying if it were at that price currently the situation would be much different. I also dont think wii will sell 40 million this year, thats all I have to say.

mM

PS3 sells at such a high amount because it costs the most to make if they lowered to wii costs then sure itll sell more than the wii but then sony will be losing loads of money in the process

perculator said:
PS3 sells at such a high amount because it costs the most to make if they lowered to wii costs then sure itll sell more than the wii but then sony will be losing loads of money in the process

I know this, Im just saying that if the PS3 was $249.99 it would outsell the wii thats all.

mM
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
leo-j said:

My prediction has been and will always be PS3 winning this gen, and then if the same thing happens we will always know playstation cannot be beaten in console wars.

Therefore I do think there is about a 20-35% chance the wii can lose, If the PS3 comes into price range with the wii, its over.

edit: Let me put it simple, if the PS3 is at $249.99 us dollars, it doesnt matter if the wii is $199.99 the ps3 will outsell it.

By the time the PS3 is $250 the Wii will be at like $150. Still $100 less and definitely a lot more third party support will be on the Wii due to sales. Also, how long will the PS3 take to get to $250? Thi year the Wii will sell more than 40 mil total. 2009 it will be more than 60 mil total. Maybe eben nearing 70 mil if production increases in which case the Wii will be WAAAY to far for the PS3 to catch up by then.

Your still forgetting something soriku, humans are not machines, they arent going to buy it at a trend and certain pattern, if people want it they will buy it, but I just dont think 60-70million people want the wii right now. Also, Im not saying the PS3 will be $249 this year, Im just saying if it were at that price currently the situation would be much different. I also dont think wii will sell 40 million this year, thats all I have to say.

Why don't you think that?  Because it doesn't fall in line with your own personal desires?

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

ps3 winning-not a chance during this generation. no way, no how.

hell no!!!!

lol

Nick said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
leo-j said:

Your still forgetting something soriku, humans are not machines, they arent going to buy it at a trend and certain pattern, if people want it they will buy it, but I just dont think 60-70million people want the wii right now. Also, Im not saying the PS3 will be $249 this year, Im just saying if it were at that price currently the situation would be much different. I also dont think wii will sell 40 million this year, thats all I have to say.

Why don't you think that?  Because it doesn't fall in line with your own personal desires?

No because no nintendo console has ever sold past 60 million.

mM

Loose? Nope, not so much.
That said, I do think that their victory won't be nearly as spectacular as many believe.

leo-j said:

Your still forgetting something soriku, humans are not machines, they arent going to buy it at a trend and certain pattern, if people want it they will buy it, but I just dont think 60-70million people want the wii right now. Also, Im not saying the PS3 will be $249 this year, Im just saying if it were at that price currently the situation would be much different. I also dont think wii will sell 40 million this year, thats all I have to say.

One of the biggest assumptions in all of market analysis is that people's purchasing habits tend to follow patterns. For example, being that the iPod has outsold the Zune quite steadily it is very unlikely that (regardless of how Microsoft prices the Zune) the Zune will never be as popular as the iPod. If sales were as chaotic as you are suggesting than it would be impossible for anyone to ever accurately predict the demand for their products and (pretty much) every company would eventually over-produce their product on a level that would bankrup them.