By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - does anyone still think the wii will lose this console war?

We all know the Wii is winning.

The more interesting race is between the PS3 and 360.

Around the Network

Depends on how to define wining :P If wining is selling most conloses ...well wii probably win becouse off it have a biger potensial market with lower price and easyer to understand games. My grandpha have played we :P...he is 82....when he looked at 16bits game back in 1995 he thought it was to complicted for him, but he tried tenis...

My oppinion is that the consoll who sells most softwear is the true winner....and dont know witch console who will end up selling the most.

Anyway Nintendo dont care if they win or not. They just care about if they make most money xD

FishyJoe said:
Nintendo has already made enough money where there is really nothing to lose any more. They've already made enough to fund the next generation which is still far in the future.

Actually, even back in the Gamecube days before the DS got bigger than God Nintendo had enough to money to release and fail at something like 13 more consoles.

I still doubt the wii will win.

1. Once the PS3 is cheaper it will sell way more

2. Wii has wwwwaaaaayyyyyy less good games, games sell systems.

3. PS3 will sell for longer just like the PS2 still sells.

^^totally agree, (wait for another price drop) and besides More good games on ps3 means more consoles sold and less wiis sold

^_^

Around the Network

Never say never. Yeah i thinks its a possabilty. If we assume PS3 is going to last longer than the Wii then yeah why not? Once Blu Ray takes off in 2010-2011 then people will flocking to the PS3 because the PS3 is competing in two totally different leagues, the film/high-def industry and the game industry and combining the two only helps it widen it's audience of potential buyers and by then it will have reached mass market price, blown past the 360 and have a massive libary of games so yeah i think it will. But lets be honest here, SONY,NINTY AND MSOFT don't give a shit about the console war, there just there to make money.

/Agree Fishyjoe, from their perspective they've won (note: this is not a zero sum game!).

To Each Man, Responsibility
jake_the_fake1 said:
I honestly see the Wii sales dropping off this year (there is only so far a console can go with out good enough 3rd party support), and I have a strong feeling the PS3 will pick up enough sustained momentum to win this generation, just barely though.

It is fairly bad to assume that third party publishers are too foolish to move support to a system which is outselling its competition by a (very) wide margin.

if its based on software sales then the wii will win for sure. in a year and 4 months it did what the 360 did in a 2 years and 4 months. and its still going to rise. wii fit will dominate in america. mario kart wii will dominate world wide. and smashbros in others will just be the cherry on the banana split. ;)

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

So the Wii won't have any price drops, colors, upgrades, bundles, games or anything else, but the PS3 will have all these things. Riiiiigggghhht.