By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch destroys Nintendo sales record in US 906k

Proof Nintendo is doomed and should go 3rd party.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo's basically found their "formula" this generation ...

Console quality games that can be played anywhere, anytime is the "wow" factor.

Combine that with genuinely good, modern marketing (Superbowl ads, cool commercials).

If they can stick to that, they will do quite well this generation, hopefully they do not revert back to their lazy habits of the past though.

No reason to re-invent the wheel here, this works so stick to it. When Nvidia's chips scale down in cost, incorporate those into new Switch models and sell various versions simulatenously too IMO as the years go on. Do not sit around for 5 years letting your hardware grow stale and the enthusiast part of your base to grow weary.

You have a good thing going here, please do not fuck this up Nintendo. 

Wow, I guess some people bought their copy in anticipation for a Switch. I recall doing that with Smash Bros on Wii. Had that copy for months before I got the system.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Switch imports? :p

Interesting to see, and good numbers too

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Lawlight said:

I get lost with what's a beast and what's not these days.

Same here. This is so disappointing.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Here's a comparison;

Horrible comparison when some consoles had a half month/1.5 weeks of sales compared to the full 4 weeks of the Switch 

Preston Scott

VGPolyglot said:
d21lewis said:

-Sent my dad to buy an N64 on launch and he claimed he lost some of the money and came back with a copy of Mario 64.

That reminds me of my uncle, he said that when he was a kid he saved up money to buy an NES, he gave it to his dad for safekeeping. Of course, when he had enough, he asked his dad for the money so he could go get it...His dad told him to shut the fuck up and forget about the money. He probably used it to buy pot.

That was pretty fucked up. And yet, I laughed hysterically!

d21lewis said:
VGPolyglot said:

That reminds me of my uncle, he said that when he was a kid he saved up money to buy an NES, he gave it to his dad for safekeeping. Of course, when he had enough, he asked his dad for the money so he could go get it...His dad told him to shut the fuck up and forget about the money. He probably used it to buy pot.

That was pretty fucked up. And yet, I laughed hysterically!

My uncle has plenty of stories like that. He grew up in a house of drug addict parents and siblings (and later siblings-in-law), and they've done so much shit to him and my aunt that it'd take forever to say it all. In fact, I've mentioned it before, but they're the reason why I live in Canada instead of the U.S.

.... and this is in March. MARCH. Not November when everyone and their cousin are getting xmas gifts... fucking MARCH with effectively one game everyone wanted (and everyone should play honestly).

superchunk said:
.... and this is in March. MARCH. Not November when everyone and their cousin are getting xmas gifts... fucking MARCH with effectively one game everyone wanted (and everyone should play honestly).

Well, unless they stocked more for a November release, the sales would had been the exact same.