By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mobile Game Revenue Grows 53% For Q1 '17, Now At $11.9 Billion

I have never even heard of some of these games.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Green098 said:

Nintendo was smart to start taking a share in that mobile revenue with low budget watered down spin offs of their IPs, glad to see Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokémon Go charting, that revenue can go into making some actual games for dedicated gaming hardware.

Is Fire Emblem even doing that great? Doesn't really seem to be charting that high. 

I mean, it's likely done more than any Fire Emblem ever created. Wouldn't be surprised if it's made more money than the entirety of the series combined.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hunter_alien said:
tak13 said:

Are you sure about that?

As far as I know they are both tracking ahead of their previous itterations. Or did the Xone fall behind the 360? If thats so, IMO even that could be explained by the far more potent sales of the PS4. There is an obvious consumption barrier for core consoles, and the 2 will obviously canibalize eachother.

They don't do better than the 7th generation if you include wii/Wiiu or compare even the 6th genration?

Insaaaane, some of these had a dev team of just 5.

Turkish said:
Insaaaane, some of these had a dev team of just 5.

Yeah, of course that used to be normal for retail console games too, but with the budget and technological wars a lot of that moved to mobile gaming.

Around the Network
tak13 said:
hunter_alien said:

As far as I know they are both tracking ahead of their previous itterations. Or did the Xone fall behind the 360? If thats so, IMO even that could be explained by the far more potent sales of the PS4. There is an obvious consumption barrier for core consoles, and the 2 will obviously canibalize eachother.

They're neck to neck, xb1 should soon fall behind but it will fight back with scorpio, it depends on its price! Although, when kinect era comes  in the comparison... You know...

Anyway, the rest of what you have said so far is right, especially that consumption barrier comment is astute, ( anyone should take into account this in their sales prediction ).

However, do you think that xbox/ps doesn't have casual gamers too,  that mobile gaming might have stolen?

Oh yes, that might actually be a segmnent where they are hurting. Still remember how many movie-based games were releasing for consoles in the 6th and 7th generation. Now theyt are almost completly gone and a quick freemium mobile game is made instead. Hopefully the rise of the indies will be able to compenstae for that financial loss, tough at one poinbt they were massive money makers (damn the PS2/GBA managed to push some massive ammount of garbage).

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Damn the sony mobile game is doing so great

Damn, mobile gaming as a whole is making a ton of dosh.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I still remember when mobile gaming wasn't going to affect the industry, not even handhelds. Good times.

So has Super Mario Run gotten 500 million paid downloads yet?