By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2017-04-12 Nintendo Direct minmin horde day

Does anyone know if the horde mode in Splatoon has local split screen?

Anyways, solid direct, with rapid-fire announcements.
Quite a few release dates too. Absolutely loved the randomness of Payday 2.
The 3DS support looks quite promising.

I was think Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta amiibos were being held back to launch with Smash for Switch, but apparently I was wrong. This sort of stifles the chances of Smash4Switch (It's still quite likely though).

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

New Joycon colours are interesting! I hope we see a lot of different coloured Joycons throughout the Switch's lifetime! Overall this direct was more than I was expecting! It a lot of things out of the way to focus the major stuff at E3!

July will be a big month for gaming software in Japan. No big summer drought this year.

Flilix said:
konnichiwa said:
21 July on independance day dayum.

Independance day?

He's Belgian, day of the independence of Belgium in 1830.

Or, as we say here in Luxembourg: French Fries day (Frittendag)

flashfire926 said:
Does anyone know if the horde mode in Splatoon has local split screen?

I don't see why it wouldn't allow for atleast 2 players per Switch since we already know Splatoon 1 can handle that, but no word yet. It really should since it'd be brilliant for local multiplayer on the go.

Green098 said:
New Joycon colours are interesting! I hope we see a lot of different coloured Joycons throughout the Switch's lifetime! Overall this direct was more than I was expecting! It a lot of things out of the way to focus the major stuff at E3!

No Pro Controller colors though. Was hoping there'd be a blue one by the time I got a Switch, but it seems that's not in the cards. =/

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

I kept saying that the Switch wasn't a replacement for the 3DS because that's what Nintendo was saying bit nnnnnoooo it's stupid and naive to think that!

Sooo..... you're saying there will be a proper 3DS-successor? Willing to bet on that?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Respectable showing considering it was just a little presentation 2 months away from E3. The tabletop Nintendo Monopoly game could actually be pretty cool. The mobile monopoly game is actually surprisingly fun. Also like what I saw from the SHMUP game. Apparently it's a port, but I've never heard of it.. Sine Mora EX or whatever?

Undecided on whether I'm going to rebuy Minecraft on the Switch, but it is cool that they threw in some Nintendo-exclusive themes for it. Still not convinced on Arms, though it does look more interesting than their last showing. Already sold on Splatoon, but it's looking even better now. And Payday 2?? Wow, that was a random surprise. I really enjoyed the hell out of playing that w/ friends on Steam so I might actually pick this up.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

8/10

I was really expecting mostly ARMS and Spla2n, but we got a whole lot more than that, including more surprises. Plus the new features in ARMS and Spla2n were great. Love Min Min and the new co-op mode looks really fun. Great new set up too. Good way to get through announcements.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

loads of games from between mario kart and splatoon. switch is gonna be huge.

ND was pretty good.