By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jimquisition Mass Effect: Andromeda review . 5/10

It probably deserves that score. I'll buy it used and get the dlc once it's all out. I hope that it's patched by then.

Around the Network

The 5 is perfect for this game,buggy as hell and very bland worlds.I am forcing myself to complete it so I can get over to Persona,only because I bought it day one.Don't know why I bought it so early I always thought this franchise was overhyped and mediocre at best.

arcaneguyver said:
Based on what one of my friends had been saying about the game and Jim mentioning the '5/10' score yesterday during his Drawn to Death impressions, not surprising. I'd personally give a game that has really good bits locked behind lots of dreadful BS a lower score, but 'I half enjoyed the game, half disliked it, so I'm giving it a half score' fits Jim's chaotic interpretation of numeric scoring

Choatic interpretation?  That's the actual interpretation.  He liked some stuff, but disliked others.  In the end, they evened themselves out and made the game an average game.  Not horrible, not good/great.

Gitches and other tech issues aside, the biggest sin are the characters. They are appalling. They might be ok for your average RPG or Saturday morning cartoon for Mass Effect, they are terrible. There is no way a ME fan can give this about a 6/10

COKTOE said:
WagnerPaiva said:

After Paul Feig´s Ghostbusters - Answer The Call, I lost all trust on professional reviewers, as they said the movie was a comedic masterpiece.

Ah, Answer The Call...lol. It's kind of strange, because I like all the actors in it, but the impressions from people I trust have been so poor I'll likely never watch it.

I watched, and I also like the cast, there are even cameos from the original cast and people from the american version of THE OFFICE, which I like a lot, even more than the UK version.

However, the movie is terrible, there was nothing the super comedic cast could do to save it, terrible jokes, awful history, disgusting pace, and kinda cringeworth all the time.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
COKTOE said:
The amount of bugs and glitches in this game is unacceptable to me. I wouldn't buy it at any price. Nice to see it getting such low scores. It's down to 70 on Metacritic, which is still too high. It's ridiculous that a game like this, which is such a well documented mess, can garner so many overwhelmingly positive reviews.

After Paul Feig´s Ghostbusters - Answer The Call, I lost all trust on professional reviewers, as they said the movie was a comedic masterpiece.

Of course a lot of mainstream reviewers were going to like that movie.  It was pushed as the feminist version of the OG movie.  If they bashed on it completely, they would have been accused of misogyny.  Just like all the film's detractors were, even when they had legit crticisms.  I'm just glad that filmed bombed.  Hell, the first one made more in just the US than the new one did WW.  And that's not including inflation.

thismeintiel said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Of course a lot of mainstream reviewers were going to like that movie.  It was pushed as the feminist version of the OG movie.  If they bashed on it completely, they would have been accused of misogyny.  Just like all the film's detractors were, even when they had legit crticisms.  I'm just glad that filmed bombed.  Hell, the first one made more in just the US than the new one did WW.  And that's not including inflation.

I hear a rumour that they had another concept that involved Channing Tatum, like a Expendables kinda of movie, but Ghostbusters, that would fail as well, because GB was never a action movie, but a perfect comedy with a creepy plot and concept. It seems to me a lot of these hollywood moguls do not know what they are doing and specially what the frachises they try to approach really are.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I personally loved the game and ran into few issues with bugs. I'll respectfully disagree with the score.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

GhaudePhaede010 said:
This game is three points better than Zelda?

You're thinking of Yooka-Laylee.

WagnerPaiva said:
thismeintiel said:

I hear a rumour that they had another concept that involved Channing Tatum, like a Expendables kinda of movie, but Ghostbusters, that would fail as well, because GB was never a action movie, but a perfect comedy with a creepy plot and concept. It seems to me a lot of these hollywood moguls do not know what they are doing and specially what the frachises they try to approach really are.

I don't know.  If they were going to remake it, I would have prefered to see the Tatum/Chris Pratt one.  And according to leaked emails, it was Tatum and Pratt who approached Sony about making it.  I think I also remember hearing talks of possibly Ryan Gosling playing Egon.  Wouldn have been interesting to at least see how that turns out.  I also believe both of them would have had a lot more respect for the OG than the director and cast of the new one.  If I remember correctly, the director said he didn't even like or didn't watch the OG.  Might be thinking of another movie, but not sure. 

And I just went back to read a few articles about it.  It's amazing how many people were sticking up for the new movie.  Even bashing the original one to help in that cause.  Stuff like "Sorry, But the Original Ghostbuster Isn't Even That Good" and "Blame The OG GB If You Don't Like The New One."