By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jimquisition Mass Effect: Andromeda review . 5/10

Conclusion.

Andromeda is fun… sometimes.

Other times it’s a dreary slog through recycled cutscenes, infantile character interactions, and a lot of badly masked loading screens.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is so full of ups and downs it might as well be my trousers at All You Can Fuck Buffet.

About the best thing I can do is just split the difference, so…

5/10
Mediocre

http://www.thejimquisition.com/mass-effect-andromeda-review/

Around the Network

I hadn't even realized that they didn't review this game yet.

Just like all other Bioware games lately: rushed, unninspired, by the numbers, commited to a game design zeigeist that really does not excites or entertains.
Followers, not leaders, but yet not knowing who are they following, Bioware is all icing and no cake.
All their games lead me to a "what am I doing, when will I have fun?" feeling after 15h of trying hard to get into.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Ka-pi96 said:
Badly masked loading screens? Still? They've had that since ME1

They are just not that good, everything is hard to do for the Bioware staff

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Based on what one of my friends had been saying about the game and Jim mentioning the '5/10' score yesterday during his Drawn to Death impressions, not surprising. I'd personally give a game that has really good bits locked behind lots of dreadful BS a lower score, but 'I half enjoyed the game, half disliked it, so I'm giving it a half score' fits Jim's chaotic interpretation of numeric scoring

Around the Network

The amount of bugs and glitches in this game is unacceptable to me. I wouldn't buy it at any price. Nice to see it getting such low scores. It's down to 70 on Metacritic, which is still too high. It's ridiculous that a game like this, which is such a well documented mess, can garner so many overwhelmingly positive reviews.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

This game is three points better than Zelda?

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
This game is three points better than Zelda?

Two points lower .  

COKTOE said:
The amount of bugs and glitches in this game is unacceptable to me. I wouldn't buy it at any price. Nice to see it getting such low scores. It's down to 70 on Metacritic, which is still too high. It's ridiculous that a game like this, which is such a well documented mess, can garner so many overwhelmingly positive reviews.

After Paul Feig´s Ghostbusters - Answer The Call, I lost all trust on professional reviewers, as they said the movie was a comedic masterpiece.

WagnerPaiva said:
COKTOE said:

After Paul Feig´s Ghostbusters - Answer The Call, I lost all trust on professional reviewers, as they said the movie was a comedic masterpiece.

Ah, Answer The Call...lol. It's kind of strange, because I like all the actors in it, but the impressions from people I trust have been so poor I'll likely never watch it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."