By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fixed: Nintendo Switch + Samsung KS8000 = Issues :(

Switch doesnt like New TVs?... another issue.

It might not be problematic for many, but I feel like the switch has had so many little odd issues.

dockscratching screen, left joycon disconnecting, bent dock, warping switch, cartridges not getting read when inserted, ect.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

It might not be problematic for many, but I feel like the switch has had so many little odd issues.

dockscratching screen, left joycon disconnecting, bent dock, warping switch, cartridges not getting read when inserted, ect.

Not sure if it's the Switch or if the TV does that with all devices. Can you clarify, Peh?

KS8000's are riddled with issues. I hope you have an extended warranty on it.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

d21lewis said:
JRPGfan said:

Not sure if it's the Switch or if the TV does that with all devices. Can you clarify, Peh?

The Switch randomely wakes up during standby and sends something via HDMI to the TV.

The TV on the other hand changes the source to the device which goes active on any source.

I would be happy if Nintendo would fix the issues for the standby mode.

The blame is on both :/

If the TV wouldn't change the hdmi source, then I wouldn't care about the Switch waking up the HDMI port.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Azuren said:
KS8000's are riddled with issues. I hope you have an extended warranty on it.

I have an extended warranty. Yet, this is the only issue I have with the TV.

I also plan to get more on the nerves of Samsung. I want this shit to be fixed and they are aware of it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

My new Samsung Smart-ass TV is doing the same thing. Go into the Switch system menu and shut off the HDMI-CEC setting. Another issue I am having is the TV going crazy with trying to maintain black levels. If I am in a dark area in Zelda the TV gets even darker automatically. There is no way to shut this feature off, only high and low settings. Samsung phones blowing up and now their TV's failing.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Peh said:
d21lewis said:

The Switch randomely wakes up during standby and sends something via HDMI to the TV.

The TV on the other hand changes the source to the device which goes active on any source.

If the TV wouldn't change the hdmi source, then I wouldn't care about the Switch waking up the HDMI port.

I know you mentioned it happens during sleep/standby mode, but does this happen even when the Switch is powered off?

Mandalore76 said:
Peh said:

I know you mentioned it happens during sleep/standby mode, but does this happen even when the Switch is powered off?

As far as I read, If you completely turn of the switch the issue doesn't occur. But you have to turn it on and off everytime, which is kind of not the point.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
My new Samsung Smart-ass TV is doing the same thing. Go into the Switch system menu and shut off the HDMI-CEC setting. Another issue I am having is the TV going crazy with trying to maintain black levels. If I am in a dark area in Zelda the TV gets even darker automatically. There is no way to shut this feature off, only high and low settings. Samsung phones blowing up and now their TV's failing.

The link I gave you didn't solve the issue? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8349375

Peh try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/60pv90/fix_for_the_auto_hdmi_input_changes_of_the_switch/

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Peh said:
Mandalore76 said:

As far as I read, If you completely turn of the switch the issue doesn't occur. But you have to turn it on and off everytime, which is kind of not the point.

Since you have to walk to the dock to take the joycons on and off for console mode (or take and put Switch back in dock before and after using for handheld mode), can't you just power down the Switch when not using it?