By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now That The Scorpio Specs Are Revealed How Long Til PS5 "Leaks?"

When Will We Get PS5 Leaks?

Shortly Before The Scorpio Launches 45 10.07%

Shortly After The Scorpio Luanches (2017) 13 2.91%

Early-Mid 2018 83 18.57%

Late 2018 163 36.47%

PS5 Isn't Launching Til 2021 143 31.99%

Total:447

leap in technology...... 2018

Switch!!!

Around the Network

It'll leak early 2019 and launch holiday 2019

Or it'll leak early 2020 and launch holiday 2020.

Sony really don't need to react to the Scorpio hardware.

If Sony is smart enough, it won't change its schedule for PS5 because of Scorpio, but it will just adjust PS4 offer if necessary. Rushed release brought XB360 and Wii U no fortune.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Barkley said:

This.... surprised it's not an option in the poll. Especially as the Scorpio is a reaction to Pro in reality.

2020 seems fair. I will adopt a year later like I have been with all gens. :P

2019 is too early (only 6 years), last get was 7 years, with the upgrade mid gen it's likely to be later rather than sooner now.

Hmm, pie.

When there is possibility of decently priced PS5 with at least 8xPS4 performance...1080p to 4K is a lot bigger jump than 720p to 1080p, so 8xPS4 is insufficient for proper gen leap, but I doubt they'll be able to wait for more then that.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Barkley said:

This.... surprised it's not an option in the poll. Especially as the Scorpio is a reaction to Pro in reality.

2020 seems fair. I will adopt a year later like I have been with all gens. :P

2019 is too early (only 6 years), last get was 7 years, with the upgrade mid gen it's likely to be later rather than sooner now.

Scorpio was a reaction to the Pro?

My memory is there were some rumors of an upgraded X1 and Phil didn't really deny it, but people mocked the idea of an upgraded console. Then PS4 Pro became a thing.

So I don't know if Scropio was a response... but PS4 Pro was certainly a rushed product.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

My memory is there were some rumors of an upgraded X1 and Phil didn't really deny it, but people mocked the idea of an upgraded console. Then PS4 Pro became a thing.

So I don't know if Scorpio was a response... but PS4 Pro was certainly a rushed product.

Maybe not literal but yes. The announcement of Pro was rumoured before it was announced and it released a month later after the announcement, not like Sony could do R&D in a month. Xbox had announced their's way before yet it's still to release, makes me think Xbox have reacted to Pro's release and made a more powerful version of what they may have planned. Nothing bad about that. Consumers get a good product at the end of it all.

Pro is seems like it's working as intended, so will Scorpio. With both out though, I don't expect the next gen to start any time soon.

Hmm, pie.

Probs 2020. Buckle up kids.

The Fury said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So I don't know if Scorpio was a response... but PS4 Pro was certainly a rushed product.

Maybe not literal but yes. The announcement of Pro was rumoured before it was announced and it released a month later after the announcement, not like Sony could do R&D in a month. Xbox had announced their's way before yet it's still to release, makes me think Xbox have reacted to Pro's release and made a more powerful version of what they may have planned. Nothing bad about that. Consumers get a good product at the end of it all.

Pro is seems like it's working as intended, so will Scorpio. With both out though, I don't expect the next gen to start any time soon.

Sounds like you're speculating. And again, PS4 Pro really feels like a rushed product. MS could have Scorpio out sooner if they did the same.

PS4 feels like an objectively missed opportunity. It just lacks the power to really push 4K or 60 fps in ambitious titles. They had one chance to make a better PS4 and they underwhelmed, perhaps it should have been more expensive to push better specs. Imagine if it was $499 instead, it could be much better. While the PS4 Slim is fine for the average gamer.

Based on what we're hearing, Scorpio has exceeded expectations on power and what it does for non-Scorpio content. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if its $499, this thing is very impressive. The X1 S would still do well at $249 anyway.

Hence, I like the high end model actually being a huge upgrade even if the price is high.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

We don't know yet if AMD will use Ryzen as the base for their next gen mobile APUs. Or how much of its advantages will cary over a low powered system.

Jaguar had very little to do with AMD's PC CPUs and won over 4 different designs, it was a great success.

And we couldn't ignore NVidia just yet. They have their pockets full and have not hide their desire to join the party once again.