By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now That The Scorpio Specs Are Revealed How Long Til PS5 "Leaks?"

When Will We Get PS5 Leaks?

Shortly Before The Scorpio Launches 45 10.07%

Shortly After The Scorpio Luanches (2017) 13 2.91%

Early-Mid 2018 83 18.57%

Late 2018 163 36.47%

PS5 Isn't Launching Til 2021 143 31.99%

Total:447

Late 2018 at the earliest. Release in 2020. As you said, Scorpio is not really a technological leap and it'll probably cost $499 (even the most optimistic people have it at $399). For a full generational leap, we are talking about 2020. Sony might release a PS4 Pro + and/or PS4 super slim in the interim though.

Around the Network

I can't tell if you just don't understand how supersampling on the Pro and Scorpio works Alkaline or if you're just trolling with that, no offense, ignorant response. I mean... are you telling me a 900p resolution game won't have supersampling? Oh noes! Of course the games need to have higher resolution assets than 1080p. It's hit or miss if these games will support SS on Pro. It's mandated in Scorpio. It's also mandated that games have to have an equal or superior frame rate on Scorpio. It's also mandated that all users regardless of television resolution get access to all of the performance modes a dev puts into a game. All things the Pro should already support. Hell, should have had mandated at launch. Luckily Pro owners beta tested all of this already :)

But I'm not going to waste time bickering with someone so eager to try and burn someone that they're trying to tell me games that don't have higher resolution assets won't support SS. That's like saying a game needs to support online play to have online MP. Well, duh. Slow down from now on, let the game come to you. Don't jack up contested 3's. I'm out of here, lol :)

LudicrousSpeed said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Ah, I was in the thread but that wasn't the focus of the thread. Was it?

But if Scorpio is truly a response then maybe it should have launched sooner? That's the hole in the argument.

Not to mention that link posted was just an interview where some Sony guy said an upgraded PS4 was possible, this was before Neo rumors even started. It was related to VR. 

Scorpio took longer because it wasn't rushed, like the Pro was. The specs and features planned for Scorpio speak for themselves.

Or Maybe the Playstation 4 Pro wasn't rushed? Maybe, just maybe, Microsoft needed the extra time to implement it's significantly more numerous and more complex customizations to the SoC?

Sony's approach is significantly different to Microsoft's. And arguably allowed for faster time-to-market than Microsoft's approach.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I think we'll hear about it in 2019. Maybe a release late that year, but 2020 sounds more plausible.

These mid-gen upgrades are great for gamers but they put Sony and Microsoft in a hard place. New PS and Xbox consoles traditionally sell on better hardware. The jump from PS4 Pro to PS5 needs to be big to justify the upgrade. So I doubt we'll see the Playstation 5 release next year. Microsoft is in a worse position, unless they really want to drop "generations" and just release a new hardware revision every other year.