By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [THIS WAS A JOKE] Monthly Moderator Team Update - Part 2

Not the biggest fan of this decision, but it is what it is. (The users removed from Perma)
(and just learned the truth)

Around the Network

Nice to know that ioi dosent care about the current state of affairs of the site, but if the money is not comming, he steps up.

Great to know

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

COMG! This has to be an April Fools thread. An effective, chilling April fools thread.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

"We've decided to keep prinz-valium and zero999 permabanned."

Some forces are simply too dark for the light to handle.

Wait a sec... Lawlight wasn't permabanned. Just banned until the 16th. This is a pretty good April Fools joke

Around the Network

Good grief, I don't like this day.

But what about flamingweazel?

Miguel_Zorro said:

Monthly Moderator Announcement - Part 2

In Part 1 of the Monthly Announcement I referenced some rule changes that we'll be implementing.

We've listened to your feedback, and what many users have told us is that you'd like a lighter moderating approach from the team.  More importantly, site traffic is down and our site owner has directed us to contribute to increasing it by altering our approach.  

As such, we'll be using a much lighter touch when it comes to moderations for things that lead to site traffic reductions.  Some of these changes include:
- Most bans for trolling will not happen under the new system.  You can criticize platforms all you want.
- You can now call other users a troll if they're trolling. 
- It will be much more difficult to get banned for flaming, but the most harsh flaming will still be moderated.
- The quote tree rule will be more tightly enforced, because of the server drain that long quote trees create.
- We're relaxing the NSFW rules, because a lot of users are into that stuff.
- We went back and looked at past active users that were permabanned.  In an effort to remedy that, we're declaring amnesty.  We'll give all of these users one more chance.  The following users will have their permabans removed.  If there are others, please let us know and we'll look at removing their permabans, too.

Users Removed From Permaban:
- Ethomaz
- Max King of the Wild
- DerNebel
- Samus Aran
- VGKing
- Lawlight
- toastboy44562 (I know, but don't worry, we'll be watching him closely)
- riderz13371
- POE
- dallas
- AEGRO

We've decided to keep prinz-valium and zero999 permabanned.

Play nice together and have fun with the new rules!
- The Mod Team

+ Ethomaz gets unbanned

- acceptance of trolling/flaming/mudslinging. If you're seeing a reduction in traffic from banning people that are offensive, then it's probably not traffic that would be good for the community to begin with. 

I've never understood the quote tree rule. Instead of putting it on the users, can't you make it so the quotes only load 1 or 2 quotes or whatever the rule is? It sucks editing quotes on a mobile device.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!