By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes, I give up, Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Amazing game! 378 72.14%

Very good. 88 16.79%

Bad game. 58 11.07%

Total:524
4k1x3r said:
Pyro as Bill said:
A linear, story heavy game doesn't sound anything like classic Zelda or BoTW. The only similarity I can see between Horizon and the new Zelda is bad voice acting.

There used to be a game called Fable that was often compared with Zelda, maybe you're mistaking Zelda with that.

Lmao, this just shows you haven't played the game, the voice acting in this game is one of the best you'll find, especially in an open world game.

Best voice acting in a game? Hardly. Charles Martinet beats this hands down.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Yup, awesome game..... it was one of those rare games that when playing it I was already waiting fr its sequel.

Pyro as Bill said:
A linear, story heavy game doesn't sound anything like classic Zelda or BoTW. The only similarity I can see between Horizon and the new Zelda is bad voice acting.

There used to be a game called Fable that was often compared with Zelda, maybe you're mistaking Zelda with that.

how is horizon, an open world game, linear?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Yes that will show them, in Horizon you cant do that !!! Jump from a horse , slow mo and shoot a arrow in the G spot of the enemy ? horizon clearly dont have epic shit like this.

Who said Horizon doesn't have epic shit? lol

So defending the strenghts of a game is now downgrading another? Looks like a hit a nerve without even trying.

d21lewis said:
I appreciate your opinion but, based on the little I played, it reminded me of Rise of the Tomb Raider and actually felt nothing like a Zelda game.

Luckily, I fucking LOVE Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Hate to say it, but for me RotTR was a very generic 3rd person shooter... It didnt have the awe element the 2013 TR had. But yeah, HZD is closer to RotTR than to Zelda...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Have you played BoTW though?

Do you realize how self-absorbed you have to be to even ask that question?

Why is it that for practically every other game out there, if someone says they dislike something about it, no one even bats an eye, but if you're critical of Breath of the Wild, the very first reaction of many of the people on this site is to question whether or not they even played the game? Its as if they're absolutely incredulous that someone else might not find Breath of the Wild to literally be the best game ever made in every way imaginable.

People are entitled to their own opinions. I personally prefer Horizon over BotW and I've beaten BotW.

But you haven't beated BoTW and we all know it, lying like this is just sad.

My question makes perfect sense, since he said the combat was "waaaaaaaaaay" worse on Zelda, something that makes you think the combat of Zelda is bad which I think is ridiculous if you have played BoTW, and since there is so much people on the internet judging the game without even touching it (like you) it doesn't hurt to ask.

Goodnightmoon said:
potato_hamster said:

Do you realize how self-absorbed you have to be to even ask that question?

Why is it that for practically every other game out there, if someone says they dislike something about it, no one even bats an eye, but if you're critical of Breath of the Wild, the very first reaction of many of the people on this site is to question whether or not they even played the game? Its as if they're absolutely incredulous that someone else might not find Breath of the Wild to literally be the best game ever made in every way imaginable.

People are entitled to their own opinions. I personally prefer Horizon over BotW and I've beaten BotW.

My question makes perfect sense, since he said the combat was "waaaaaaaaaay" worse on Zelda, something that makes you think the combat of Zelda is bad which I think is ridiculous if you have played BoTW, and since there is so much people on the internet judging the game without even touching it (like you) it doesn't hurt to ask.

I actually have. I've taken down all four of the divine beasts, got the master sword from the stone in front of the deku tree after upgrading to 13 hearts from taking down dozens of shrines, completed all of the memory locations from the picture upgrade to my tablet, bought my house, upgraded the house, upgraded my village, and defeated Calamity Ganon, and finally took down Dark Beast Ganon thanks to the assist from Zelda.

What's it to you?

It's hilarious how it's unimaginable to you that someone would prefer the combat in Horizon a lot more compared to the combat in BotW. Have you considered perhaps they're one of those poeple that really doesn't like having multiple weapons break in one battle? There's plenty of legitimate reasons to prefer one way more than the other on either side as both have their pros and cons. It's easy to see how someone could prefer one ot the other having spent dozens of hours playing both.

.. have you spent dozens of hours playing both?

potato_hamster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I actually have. I've taken down all four of the divine beasts, got the master sword from the stone in front of the deku tree after upgrading to 13 hearts from taking down dozens of temples, completed all of the memory locations from the picture upgrade to my tablet, bought my house, upgraded the house, upgraded my village, and defeated Calamity Ganon, and finally took down Dark Beast Ganon thanks to the assist from Zelda.

What's it to you?

It's hilarious how it's unimaginable to you that someone would prefer the combat in Horizon a lot more compared to the combat in BotW. Have you considered perhaps they're one of those poeple that really doesn't like having multiple weapons break in one battle? There's plenty of legitimate reasons to prefer one way more than the other on either side as both have their pros and cons. It's easy to see how someone could prefer one ot the other having spent dozens of hours playing both.

I'm sorry,  but I'm not gonna pretend I believe you when I don't, and you naming all the obvious things everyone does in BoTW is actually even more suspicious and only tells me that you are informed about the basic stuff of the game, which is obvious after an entire month hating on every BoTW thread. 

I never said you couldn't preffer Horizon combat, of course you can and I understand why, Horizon has cool combat, but to say Zelda is "waaaaaaaaay" worse is pushing it too far imo, I don't know why some people acts like if I said something bad about Horizon, I didn't.

Goodnightmoon said:
potato_hamster said:

I actually have. I've taken down all four of the divine beasts, got the master sword from the stone in front of the deku tree after upgrading to 13 hearts from taking down dozens of temples, completed all of the memory locations from the picture upgrade to my tablet, bought my house, upgraded the house, upgraded my village, and defeated Calamity Ganon, and finally took down Dark Beast Ganon thanks to the assist from Zelda.

What's it to you?

I'm sorry,  but I'm not gonna pretend I believe you when I don't, and you naming all the obvious things everyone does in BoTW is actually even more suspicious and only tells me that you are informed on the game, which is obvious after an entire month hating on every BoTW thread. 

I never said you couldn't preffer Horizon combat, of course you can, but to say Zelda is "waaaaaaaaay" worse is pushing it too far imo, I don't know why some people acts like if I said something bad about Horizon, I didn't.

To be fair though I have seen a bunch of stuff about BoTW and didn't know about anything that he just said......thanks for the spoiler Potato lol. So you can't say those things are obvious....just like you can't say he didn't beat it and then go on to say WE all know it. Not cool at all man.....if you don't believe it that is fine just say that. And no there is nothing wrong with the original poster saying that they felt the combat in Horizon was waaaaaaaaaay better. That is not pushing it too far at all if that is how they feel. Saying that can have lots of different meanings, like maybe he felt it was more satisfying or that he preferred the different arrows and combat mechanics in Horizon and felt they were way better. So no you can't say that he oushed it to far.

You act as if he said something bad about BoTW and he didn't by saying he went too far.....

Anyway OT

I need to hurry and finish up Tales of Berseria so I can get on this asap!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Goodnightmoon said:
potato_hamster said:

What's it to you?

I'm sorry,  but I'm not gonna pretend I believe you when I don't, and you naming all the obvious things everyone does in BoTW is actually even more suspicious and only tells me that you are informed on the game, which is obvious after an entire month hating on every BoTW thread. 

I never said you couldn't preffer Horizon combat, of course you can, but to say Zelda is "waaaaaaaaay" worse is pushing it too far imo, I don't know why some people acts like if I said something bad about Horizon, I didn't.

So there's literally no way I can prove to you that I've completed Breath of the Wild. That's cool. I really don't care. And it's amazing how you can say I've been "hating" on something I've literally called "one of the best games to come out in years" just because I don't believe it's a perfect game, and find some of the mechanics annoying. I've never hated the game. In fact, enjoy it a lot.

So I take it by your comment that you haven't put dozens of hours into Horizon? Then you have no right to speak as to whether or not you can visualize a scenario in which someone might find the combat mechanics when comparing the two is"wayyyyyyy"  better or worse in one or the other.