By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes, I give up, Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Amazing game! 378 72.14%

Very good. 88 16.79%

Bad game. 58 11.07%

Total:524
Goodnightmoon said:
Normchacho said:
I loved Horizon and it's one of my favorite games of the generation so far. I don't think it and BOTW have that much in common though. Horizon is more action/story focused and Zelda is more puzzle/exploration focused

Combat is wwwaaaayyyy better in Horizon though.

Have you played BoTW though?

I have it. It's great, but the combat isn't in the same stratosphere as Horizons. I actually don't find the controls overall to be nearly as intuitive.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I have it. It's great, but the combat isn't in the same stratosphere as Horizons. I actually don't find the controls overall to be nearly as intuitive.

I think you are being hyperbolic, BoTW combat not only feels great but also allows for many creative approaches to combat and it has a degree of strategy an a huge attention to detail.

Also it can be really epic

-snip-

Goodnightmoon said:
Kerotan said:

Oh I understand the differences I just feel someone who enjoys Zelda will really enjoy Horizon and visa versa.  

I think just in the same way that someone that enjoys Halo may enjoy Metroid Prime, however they are so vastly different you can perfectly love one and hate the other. 

They could but both these games are so good they'll probably like both.  Obviously there's exceptions.  People might not like horizons more realistic game design or in the opposite way they might not like Zelda's cartoon style. 

WagnerPaiva said:

Yes, I give up, Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing.

I was not going to jump in the WOW wagon this time, but the game is awesome, very fun, gorgeous, and it feels like NES Zelda of the modern age, meaning, a RPGesque adventure full of wonder.

It is a amazing game, one of the best Guerrilla ever did, maybe the best.

It is very compelling, and kinda takes away my desiree I had of trying Zelda, since it is somewhat similar, in a way.

Anyways, 9/10 game, must play and all that. Well done Guerrilla.

lol why did you fight the idea that it was great?

I still haven't played it, but I know from what I've seen that I'll adore it when I finally have the time.

As for the bolded, play Zelda. Truly, they aren't that similar.

Around the Network

It's a great game, and also the best looking one to date.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Good God, I kind of wish Horizon and Zelda didn't release so closely together, as it seems you can't praise one without the other coming up, as if two games can't be excellent at what they do simultaneously. 

Horizon is indeed an amazing game. I still don't know if it beats out Bloodborne for my favorite ps4 exclusive, but it's inching closer the more I play it. 

Sorry I'm buying Horizon only when it's dirty cheap. I've already had my fix of 'using a bow in an open world enviroment' with Zelda.
Same goes with Uncharted 4. I would have enjoyed it really much, if only it wasn't released so close with ROTR. I guess I'll have to wait for a sale.

Goodnightmoon said:
Normchacho said:
I loved Horizon and it's one of my favorite games of the generation so far. I don't think it and BOTW have that much in common though. Horizon is more action/story focused and Zelda is more puzzle/exploration focused

Combat is wwwaaaayyyy better in Horizon though.

Do you realize how self-absorbed you have to be to even ask that question?

Why is it that for practically every other game out there, if someone says they dislike something about it, no one even bats an eye, but if you're critical of Breath of the Wild, the very first reaction of many of the people on this site is to question whether or not they even played the game? Its as if they're absolutely incredulous that someone else might not find Breath of the Wild to literally be the best game ever made in every way imaginable.

People are entitled to their own opinions. I personally prefer Horizon over BotW and I've beaten BotW.

Pyro as Bill said:
A linear, story heavy game doesn't sound anything like classic Zelda or BoTW. The only similarity I can see between Horizon and the new Zelda is bad voice acting.

There used to be a game called Fable that was often compared with Zelda, maybe you're mistaking Zelda with that.

Lmao, this just shows you haven't played the game, the voice acting in this game is one of the best you'll find, especially in an open world game.