By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes, I give up, Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Amazing game! 378 72.14%

Very good. 88 16.79%

Bad game. 58 11.07%

Total:524

I appreciate your opinion but, based on the little I played, it reminded me of Rise of the Tomb Raider and actually felt nothing like a Zelda game.

Luckily, I fucking LOVE Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I appreciate your opinion but, based on the little I played, it reminded me of Rise of the Tomb Raider and actually felt nothing like a Zelda game.

It takes a bit to reveaL itself. You can use crazy weapons like Trickcaster to bait monster into traps, hit them for a bit, hide again, set another trap, it is quite an fun thing top be able to experiment like this in the hunts.

It is more RPGlike than good old Rise of Tomb Raider =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
d21lewis said:

It takes a bit to reveaL itself. You can use crazy weapons like Trickcaster to bait monster into traps, hit them for a bit, hide again, set another trap, it is quite an fun thing top be able to experiment like this in the hunts.

I haven't really given it a chance to shine, yet. I bought the digital deluxe day one version. Only got to where Aloy was about to be tested by her father. Then, Zelda released and it's almost all I've played since. Then, Nier came out. Then, Mass Effect. I bought both but I've barely played either of them, as well. 

Luckily, I finished Zelda a few days ago and I think I'm about done with side quests. I'll be diving back into Horizon pretty hard in upcoming days. I can give a more educated opinion, then.

d21lewis said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I haven't really given it a chance to shine, yet. I bought the digital deluxe day one version. Only got to where Aloy was about to be tested by her father. Then, Zelda released and it's almost all I've played since. Then, Nier came out. Then, Mass Effect. I bought both but I've barely played either of them, as well. 

Luckily, I finished Zelda a few days ago and I think I'm about done with side quests. I'll be diving back into Horizon pretty hard in upcoming days. I can give a more educated opinion, then.

I look forward to it!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I loved Horizon and it's one of my favorite games of the generation so far. I don't think it and BOTW have that much in common though. Horizon is more action/story focused and Zelda is more puzzle/exploration focused

Combat is wwwaaaayyyy better in Horizon though.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Loving it so far as well, I got distracted with a lot of side stuff but now that I went back to the main story it's getting very insteresting, lots of intriguing plots and engaging lore. I love scaning to get info, it's a great way to tell and expand the story and reminds me of Metroid Prime which is always a good thing.

Normchacho said:
I loved Horizon and it's one of my favorite games of the generation so far. I don't think it and BOTW have that much in common though. Horizon is more action/story focused and Zelda is more puzzle/exploration focused

Have you played BoTW though?

Goodnightmoon said:
Normchacho said:

Have you played BoTW though?

This is not botw thread. Man. Please keep on topic.

Ka-pi96 said:
daredevil.shark said:

This is not botw thread. Man. Please keep on topic.

The OP references Zelda BOTW and specifically mentions NES Zelda.

So why shouldn't other people responding to the thread be able to make comparisons between the games when they were already started in the OP?

Judging past behaviour of some users it can be assumed that they are ready to derail the thread like many others. Well they can start it. As for OP he did compared but focus is on horizon. As these attitudes have already lowered my interest in VGC. Leaving from this thread for good.

After the first infamous game Horizon is the only open world game i completed 100%. Borrowed my friends Switch to play zelda played it for 2 days and gave up. As new gamer to zelda franchise and BTOW being the first game I just couldnt see the appeal, I guess i was spoiled by Horizon World and combat system.