By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Joss Whedon will Produce, Write and Direct " Batgirl: the Movie "

foodfather said:
Eagle367 said:

Doesn't Marvel do that. I remember an entire Youtube video where a guy basically explained it. Hell he even added colour himslef and the marvel movies looked so much better. DC in general is better at animation and comic writing compared to Marvel right now. Even in Tv shows. All it needs is to conquer the movies and total domination. I think that Wonder Woman will have more colour. Watch it's trailer maybe you'll like it

Colour grading, timing, lighting etc are all seperate elements. A movie can be dark, but have brilliant colour grading, such as BVS, which is one of the more interesting looking comic book films in recent years. 

The Marvel movies are the ones that look bland (outside of Iron Man, Thor and GOTY). Joss Whedon for some reason went for a very bland colour palette with ethe first Avengers movie. For some reason, the Captain america sequels followed suite espeecially Civil War. 

As for Suicide Squad, that was a terrible looking movie period. Poor lit, Michael Bay esque colours. Just awful. 

I won't pretend to understand all this but we are on the same page. Mostly Marvel movies have bland colours due to poor colour grading. But how does Wonder Woman look? I think Logan was much better at it right?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Toy Story is a cinema classic, he wrote it
Titan AE and Atlantis were cool, he wrote them too
Avengers and Serenity were good, he wrote them and directed them
Dr Horrible Sing-Along Blog was hilarious, he directed it
Cabin in the Woods was brilliant, he wrote it
Fireflight is an absolute classic, he create it, wrote it and directed it

Is not sad that people loves him, is completely normal.

I don't like him. In that list you named 1 thing that was good, Toy Story and he was part of a team of writers, John Lassester is the reason that film is what it is. Atlantis (the disney film right?) was end of Disney classic animation basically, no songs and stuff. Avengers was filled with one liners and while a decent film, isn't as good as other Marvel films (yes even before it). Not seen any of the other stuff.

And it was a generalised comment, I find it sad because I don't like him or majority of his work.

Hmm, pie.

Sees that movie is being made by a man known for fun superhero movies which can bring much-needed levity to overly dark DCEU and gets excited.

Sees that it's based on the darkest, most depressing, and least fun run of any Batgirl series ever. Excitement is gone.

Please don't base it on the Nu52 Gail Simone comic. It can't just be Batman light.

The Fury said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Toy Story is a cinema classic, he wrote it
Titan AE and Atlantis were cool, he wrote them too
Avengers and Serenity were good, he wrote them and directed them
Dr Horrible Sing-Along Blog was hilarious, he directed it
Cabin in the Woods was brilliant, he wrote it
Fireflight is an absolute classic, he create it, wrote it and directed it

Is not sad that people loves him, is completely normal.

I don't like him. In that list you named 1 thing that was good, Toy Story and he was part of a team of writers, John Lassester is the reason that film is what it is. Atlantis (the disney film right?) was end of Disney classic animation basically, no songs and stuff. Avengers was filled with one liners and while a decent film, isn't as good as other Marvel films (yes even before it). Not seen any of the other stuff.

And it was a generalised comment, I find it sad because I don't like him or majority of his work.

Then you should see Firefly before suggesting is sad that people likes him.

-snip-

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Then you should see Firefly before suggesting is sad that people likes him.

I've read Astonishing X-men and Runaways. I'm good, thanks, I tried once, didn't enjoy it. Some of Buffy was okay. But don't worry, I'm sure there are things I like you don't. :)

Hmm, pie.

With how much DC been hyping up Supergirl I thought they'll do her first. Anyways is there a famous Batgirl story besides the killing Joke?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

The Fury said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Toy Story Titan AE Atlantis Avengers Serenity Dr Horrible Sing-Along Blog Cabin in the Woods Firefly

In that list you named 1 thing that was good

Should be interesting to see what he can do with the property. Maybe we'll actually get a decent movie out of the DC film universe for a change.

Bleh. I know he has fans, but everything I have seen from him stinks of crappy writing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.