By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2006 and 2007 Were the Years to Be A Gamer

I was only 6-7-8 years old.

Around the Network

Not for me tho. It was 1994: Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 6, Demon's Crest, Earthworm Jim, Breath of Fire 2, Killer Instinct, Megaman X, Darkstalkers, Warcraft, Jazz Jackrabit, I dunno, a bunch of other awesome games. Those were the days I tell ya.

2007 was meh to me.

2006 gave me Okami and was an alright year.

1995 was mind blowing,Earthbound,Chrono Trigger,Ristar,Panzer Dragoon,Saturn,Descent,Mortal Kombat 3,Full Throttle,Street Fighter Alpha,Kof95,Yoshi's Island,Comix Zone,Rayman,Terranigma,Time Crisis,DKC2,Worms,DQVI,Phantasy Star IV,Mega Man X3,Tales of Phantasia,Final Fight 3,Ys V,Kings Feild II,Bust a move,Front Mission,Kirby Dreamland 2,Mega Man 7,Mechwarrior 2,Command & Conquer,Heroes of Might and Magic,Tekken 2,Tactics Ogre,Twisted Metal and more.

1999 was great with DC launching.

2000 another fantastic year with a damn shit load of great games.Dragon Quest Monsters,PS2,Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver,The Sims,RE Code Veronica,Vagrant Story,Mario Party 2,DOA2,Rayman 2,Sword of the Berserk Guts Rage,Pokemon Stadium,Kessen,Thief 2,Wario 3,Kirby 64,Soldier of Fortune,Tech Romancer,Zelda MM,Excitebike 64,Misadventures of Tron Bonne,Wild Arms 2,Tom Clancy Rainbow six,Metal Slug 2,Perfect Dark,Bomberman 64,Space Channel 5,Shogun Toal War,Diablo II,Dues Ex,Jet Set Radio,Shenmue,Strider 2,Threads of Fate,Grandia II,Chrono Cross,Age of Empires II,DQVII,Mario Tennis,Star Trek Voyager Elite Force,Tony Hawk 2,Balders Gate II,Skies of Arcadia,Quake III,American Megees Alice,Command & Conqeur II,Mega Man Legends II,Spyro,Tekken Tag,Capcom VS SNK Millenium Fight 2000,FFIX,Banjo Tooie,Mechwarrior 4,Monster Rancher,Mario Party 3,Phantsay Star Online.

It was weekly that year.1989 was really good. 2017 has been damn good but sorry 2007 and even 2017 DO NOT compare to 1995 or 2000.

2000 and 2001 were the craziest I've ever been a part of.

Chrono cross.
Driver 2
Final Fantasy IX
Ps2 launch insanity
SSX
TTT
MGS2
GameCube launch
Luigi mansion
Gameboy advance launch
Halo
Gran turismo 3
FFX
Silent hill 2
Super smash bros melee.

So much crazy stuff. My absolute favorite era in games ever.

Every year is a great year to be a gamer. And every new year we have a bigger selection of great games to play. The older games don't vanish.

Around the Network

The ps2 era was the best

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

OMG, youre right tho. The 360 era was literally groundbreaking. I remember playing Oblivion, Mass Effect, Gears, Perfect Dark Zero...seriously that was the best time in gaming. I wish I had been older then to really appreciate it all!

Out of all those titles you mentioned, none stuck.

So I strongly disagree. There have been better years before and after 06/07.

For 6th gen those years were fine, but for 7th gen the years sucked with expensive hardware and slow gen starts as usual.

I got into more PC games at this time due to the lack of interest in 7th gen. World of Warcraft mostly, but quite a few others as well.

Nogamez said:
Nah for me it was 97/98 when goldeneye and Oot released.

Yep, agree.