By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon VS Splatoon 2 - Graphics Evolution

Not changed so much but the only thing that matters is the fun ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymqKZAGEZKQ

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

This might be a bit off topic but is there a reason Nintendo never adds any AA to their games? They always look great in motion but in screenshots the jaggies are horrible and everywhere.

FloatingWaffles said:
This might be a bit off topic but is there a reason Nintendo never adds any AA to their games? They always look great in motion but in screenshots the jaggies are horrible and everywhere.

Yeah thats what I found too! Especially with the 3DS. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Yep, Splatoon 2 definitely looks better. But it's like those comparisons between PS4 and XB1 games... you have to pay attention to notice improvements, otherwise it will look samey.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I'm dissapointed... Like yeah Splatoon 2 will be fun af but it'll make me feel like I'm playing the original. It's still the outated 720p resolution which makes it worse.

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

AA touched Ninty in their parts when Ninty was a child/pre-teen, during the N64 era. Obviously a very traumatic experience.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
FloatingWaffles said:

AA touched Ninty in their parts when Ninty was a child/pre-teen, during the N64 era. Obviously a very traumatic experience.

This shouldn't have made me laugh but it did xD

Nintation360 said:

I'm dissapointed... Like yeah Splatoon 2 will be fun af but it'll make me feel like I'm playing the original. It's still the outated 720p resolution which makes it worse.

Thats all that matters.

No real noticeable improvement. The game should be fun tho. Ninty most likely didn't focus much on the graphics so they can release on time to avoid droughts like the WiiU had.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Jranation said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Yeah thats what I found too! Especially with the 3DS. 

Hardware resources.  Using AA means a sacrifice somewhere else, particularly when you have weak hardware.