By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon VS Splatoon 2 - Graphics Evolution

Cloudman said:
Shikamo said:

Resolution is the only thing .. I really wanted a splatoon game in 1080p :/

Was the 1st game in 1080? I don't recall that what one was.

720p too like splatoon 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Shikamo said:
Cloudman said:

Was the 1st game in 1080? I don't recall that what one was.

720p too like splatoon 2

Oh, well, the odds for it to be 1080 don't seem good, but maybe they can improve in the final moments before release. : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Shikamo said:

720p too like splatoon 2

Oh, well, the odds for it to be 1080 don't seem good, but maybe they can improve in the final moments before release. : X

yeap to me if the final game Is 900-1080p its okay is the only thing that i really want.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
FunFan said:

I have the suspicion that NSMBU would have been much better received if it had a diferent artstyle. I think it got most of the hate/apathy it did because it looked too similar to the Wii game.

That's definitely why I wasn't interested. The SMB 1-3 and SMW all had very distinct art and music styles, whereas the New SMB series has 4 games with the exact same art and exact same music. It just got boring to look at and listen to--both pretty important things in this medium.

Splatoon, on the other hand--I'm not sure the world they created lends itself very well to having it's style changed. It's style is one of the most gripping things about it.

I don't really care too much about graphical improvements, since the original already looks really nice

As long as the performance is good!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
FunFan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
I'm actually glad the difference is insignificant, as this likely means they're focusing on what really matters at this point, gameplay, content, and performance!

I have the suspicion that NSMBU would have been much better received if it had a diferent artstyle. I think it got most of the hate/apathy it did because it looked too similar to the Wii game.

No. People were apathetic about it because it came out literally a few short months after they had already released NSMB2 on 3DS. One of a list of very stupid moves Nintendo made last gen, constantly tripping over themselves and shooing themselves in the foot.

People would have cared a great deal more about NSMB U, what with all of it's Mario World homages, if they hadn't needlessly released two NSMB games in the same year, let alone in less than six months from each other. It was franchise fatigue. And that was compounded by the fact that, while a great game, the Wii U lacked any true "must have" game at launch. Nintendo Land was scattershot and lame (compared to Wii Sports, which they were obviously hoping it would sell like), and most of the other launch titles, while there were many, were ports. NSMBU simply didn't have the strength to push the system long-term, especially given the idiotic, short-sighted drought Nintendo allowed to occur in 2013 and beyond.

TheWPCTraveler said:
Jranation said:

Yeah thats what I found too! Especially with the 3DS

I'm curious, how would AA help on a 240p screen ranging from 3.7" to 4.7" (diagonal) in size?

Oh! I dont know anything about AA stuff. I just agreed on him how the screenshots on Nintendo games looks soooooo different to what you see in motion. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

I'm curious, how would AA help on a 240p screen ranging from 3.7" to 4.7" (diagonal) in size?

Oh! I dont know anything about AA stuff. I just agreed on him how the screenshots on Nintendo games looks soooooo different to what you see in motion. 

Ah, then I agree. For the 3DS, it's just the problem of Nintendo insisting on crappy compression for images (eShop should provide ample proof), though.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Platina said:
I don't really care too much about graphical improvements, since the original already looks really nice

As long as the performance is good!

The performance of the test fire has been as smooth as butter in my exp, I've played almost 2 full hours of it now when I got the chance and it has been fantastic, playing it in undocked mode all the time because I just love the Switch as a handheld.

It might be 530p or whatever but it does look gorgous in motion, don't let those screenshots put you off at all until you've seen this running.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

FunFan said:
FloatingWaffles said:
This might be a bit off topic but is there a reason Nintendo never adds any AA to their games? They always look great in motion but in screenshots the jaggies are horrible and everywhere.

AA touched Ninty in their parts when Ninty was a child/pre-teen, during the N64 era. Obviously a very traumatic experience.

Hehehe.

I prefer the first one overall. But I need to play more.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile