By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon 2 Testfire runs at 530p undocked and 720p when docked

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

I noticed...

...how superior is the right stick for aiming compared to motion controls. Viva the pro controller!

Pro controller has motion controls too, in both cases they are optional anyways. I can't agree, motion control for aiming is the definitive way to play Splatoon.

That's why I turned off in the second match. I prefer the old way.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

It looks amazing regardless.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Defence force, to arms!

seriously, the mid-gen upgrade for Switch can't come soon enough. Hopefully people are still playing Splatoon when it happens, because it's so good otherwise (even if the new game is only a very small step up from what i can see)

These negative Nintendo threads always seem to involve the same handful of people who I sincerely doubt ever play the games to begin with lol

All the videos I watched on youtube suggested they really liked the game; the only complaint I heard was that it uses the same sort of control scheme that Zelda does.

Seems rather silly to not only be outright negative, but to base it entirely on one person's educated guess that has yet to be confirmed or even rumored anywhere else.

I don't get what the big deal is. I played it yesterday purely in portable mode, and I didn't notice any visual problems with the game. Other things came to my attention though immediately, such as button control changes, minor movement tweaks (such as the character slightly picking up speed as he moves), all the different specials and minor attack tweaks (especially for me, since I main roller), and other things. The 530p or whatever this is, was something I did not. I was actually quite impressed to have Spla2n also running on a portable, and excited that I'll be able to play this anywhere.

I suspect this was brought to attention for people to criticize Nintendo and make a big deal out of something that really isn't all that much.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

At least it will hold 60 fps sometimes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KLXVER said:
malistix1985 said:
Lucky nintendo gamers don't care about performance, but this looks pretty awfull

What? Of course we care about performance. What a silly statement...

Zelda BotW runs like shit on Wii U and everyone is pretends it's ok for "10/10" game.

I'm still amazed by enormous amount of Nintendo defenders.

Company killed Wii U two years ago, prepared zero new fucking games for Switch launch, make lazy Wii U ports which runs barely better than predeccessors, cut backward compatibility and charge you to play games online... And you still make excuse for them. Terrific.

Johnw1104 said:
These negative Nintendo threads always seem to involve the same handful of people who I sincerely doubt ever play the games to begin with lol

All the videos I watched on youtube suggested they really liked the game; the only complaint I heard was that it uses the same sort of control scheme that Zelda does.

Seems rather silly to not only be outright negative, but to base it entirely on one person's educated guess that has yet to be confirmed or even rumored anywhere else.

Actually, I feel playing Zelda messed up my mindset when I played Spla2n. After getting used to X being the jump button, suddenly it's B in this one, and I kept bringing up my map as a result in the middle of a match. I hope Spla2n allows for custom control schemes.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Radek said:
Johnw1104 said:

I'm sorry but it's called valid criticism.

This is their next gen console and the game still runs in the same 720p as first game on the Wii U did.

Portable is 942x530... That's 499,000 pixels, around half of 720p (921,600)

They should have waited for Fall season with stronger Tegra, cause it's obvious they wanted to make it a hybrid, it could be a stronger hybrid though...

But then they wouldn't make as much money and Nintendo fans wouldn't have something to be defensive about. it's a lose lose for everyone.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

malistix1985 said:
Lucky nintendo gamers don't care about performance, but this looks pretty awfull

Well, they do.  It's one of the big things they talk about before the console is announced.  "It's going to be about as powerful as the PS4" and "can't wait to play Nintendo games that look that good."  Then, once Nintendo reveals another underpowered console it's "graphics don't matter anymore" and "I'll buy whatever Nintendo gives me, even if it's slightly above what I have, now, only portable."  Wash, rinse, repeat.