By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon 2 Testfire runs at 530p undocked and 720p when docked

Teriol said:
vivster said:

BOTW 97.

hahaha awesome vivster hahahaha

Not nearly as awesome as the game in question though, also is kind of hilarious to compare the importance of a high framerate on an open world adventure compared to a fast paced multiplayer shooter, but I guess all the high scores for games like the Last of Us or Skyrim were shit too since those games had pretty big problems to mantain 30fps on their consoles

Around the Network

My guess is the final version will look better.

Goodnightmoon said:
Radek said:

I'm sorry but it's called valid criticism.

This is their next gen console and the game still runs in the same 720p as first game on the Wii U did.

Portable is 942x530... That's 499,260 pixels, around half of 720p (921,600)

They should have waited for Fall season with stronger Tegra, cause it's obvious they wanted to make it a hybrid, it could be a stronger hybrid though...

This thing will be so damn outdated next year, it can't even handle Nintendo own exclusives in decent resolutions.

It will look horrible on 1080p and 4K TV's running in 720p.

Did you forget Mario Kart 8, one of the most demanding games on WiiU, is here running at 1080p when on WiiU was 720p? Same with Fast Racing Nero, which was burning the wiiu hardware and still was sub 720p while here is 1080p

Sometimes hardware has strengths and weaknesses compared to something else. If Mariokart also has dynamic resolution as well on Switch then that could be an unfair comparison as wii u didn't seem to get that. Mariokart may drop resolution under load where as wii u never did. Especially as Nintendo will want Switch to be seen as more powerful than wii u. So Mariokart may be 720p on both consoles at certain times of high load. Online is also a performance factor with Switch it seems.

bonzobanana said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Did you forget Mario Kart 8, one of the most demanding games on WiiU, is here running at 1080p when on WiiU was 720p? Same with Fast Racing Nero, which was burning the wiiu hardware and still was sub 720p while here is 1080p

Sometimes hardware has strengths and weaknesses compared to something else. If Mariokart also has dynamic resolution as well on Switch then that could be an unfair comparison as wii u didn't seem to get that. Mariokart may drop resolution under load where as wii u never did. Especially as Nintendo will want Switch to be seen as more powerful than wii u. So Mariokart may be 720p on both consoles at certain times of high load. Online is also a performance factor with Switch it seems.

Nobody has said anything about a dynamic resolution in Mario Kart though, and while Fast RMX had one it was due to a GPU glitch or somethinng on the lines and is supposed to be fixed very soon with an update, then it will have stable 1080p.

zorg1000 said:
Barkley said:

You know immediately preceeding what you bolded it does say "As someone who isn't interested in portable gaming." I don't care about form-factor, I'll be using it as a home console 99% of the time.

it doesnt matter how you use it, that doesnt change the fact that its powerful for what it is.

if someone primarily plays their iPad games on the TV through AirPlay or Vita games on the TV through PS TV, that doesnt all of a sudden make those devices weak.

It's weak as a home console, which is what I'd use it for, so it matters to me.

So it does matter depending what you want out of the device. It's Nintendo's only current device that can be used as a home console, and it is underpowered for that purpose.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
bonzobanana said:

Nobody has said anything about a dynamic resolution in Mario Kart though, and while Fast RMX had one it was due to a GPU glitch or somethinng on the lines and is supposed to be fixed soon to have stable 1080p.

First bold part, mario kart does not have DR, and Fast RMX has not DR on Switch Shin em say it, that on Switch they get rid of all tricks to get 1080 p 60 fps, go see digital foundry on FRMX they love the game, its a technical marvel.

34 years playing games.

Barkley said:
zorg1000 said:

it doesnt matter how you use it, that doesnt change the fact that its powerful for what it is.

if someone primarily plays their iPad games on the TV through AirPlay or Vita games on the TV through PS TV, that doesnt all of a sudden make those devices weak.

So it does matter depending what you want out of the device. It's Nintendo's only current device that can be used as a home console, and it is underpowered for that purpose.

Well of course its your decision to not buy a console if you feel its too underpowered, but we are now at the third gen in a row that Nintendos console is underpowered. Maybe let go at some point?

If Zelda runs at 900 p and it's an open world game, why does a mutliplayer game run at a lower res?

What a joke

Teriol said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Nobody has said anything about a dynamic resolution in Mario Kart though, and while Fast RMX had one it was due to a GPU glitch or somethinng on the lines and is supposed to be fixed soon to have stable 1080p.

First bold part, mario kart does not have DR, and Fast RMX has not DR on Switch Shin em say it, that on Switch they get rid of all tricks to get 1080 p 60 fps, go see digital foundry on FRMX they love the game, its a technical marvel.

I remember they said the game is a technical marvel but it does has lower resolution in some cicuits due to that glitch, however shinen said once is updated it will be 1080p always

KLXVER said:
Barkley said:

Well of course its your decision to not buy a console if you feel its too underpowered, but we are now at the third gen in a row that Nintendos console is underpowered. Maybe let go at some point?

That'd be easier if Nintendo didn't make great games.