By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Critically Acclaimed Movies that You Hate

You name all the well received comic book movies, and I'd say they all belong right here in this post, except The Dark Knight trilogy, The Crow, Blade and Hellboy series of course.

As for other movies, eh I hate oscar bait crap like Moonlight, Lalaland and Spotlight.

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:
HandofPrometheus said:
Sound of Music
Mary Poppins
Lord of the Ring movies
Inside Out
Most Oscar films

I definitly will give ya the other ones, but LOTR.. WAT?? 

I will agree that the Hobbit series was a big let down however.

Haha funny thing is I'm a big fantasy nerd. It's just that when I was younger the LOTR movies never held my attention. They were too long and confusing to me. I haven't watched them since I got older so I dont know if rewatching them would change my opinon. I don't hate them but not my type of fantasy I suppose.

In a lot of cases I tend to agree with praise coming from critics, I guess my brain just works in an art-critic sort of way, but there are certainly things that I'm not into that everyone loves.

Despite trying over and over and over I cannot get into Lord of the Rings. By now cultural osmosis has turned all Tolkien-inspired fantasy into pure white noise, which makes Tolkien's work itself particularly dull. I think Peter Jackson deserves praise for the craft of his filmmaking in those movies, and I can't deny that they work well structurally. But I have some chemical aversion to them, and likely always will.

I also think The Blind Side is probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. Total manipulative crowd-pleasing bull with little respect for what actually happened.

Hmm what else...

Looking at Rotten Tomatoes, their top 100 films is pretty agreeable from my perspective, I honestly more often like films everyone else hates than hate films everyone else loves haha

The Hurt Locker was the worst movie I've ever seen.

It Follows!!!!!

fuck you! critics!!!!

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Mr_No said:
The Social Network
The English Patient
Crash
Mystic River

Yes, someone else sat through the pain that was The English Patient! It was so extremely melodramatic, long, and boring. Such a painful endeavor to watch the entire thing.

Should have been called the English patience. It had some pretty shots yet ugh. It only has a 7.4 on imdb though, not that acclaimed. Oh, won 9 oscars, wow.

Gravity getting 6 oscars is messed up too.

DJjazzyGETH said:

I also think The Blind Side is probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. Total manipulative crowd-pleasing bull with little respect for what actually happened.

Why, yes, thank you, I forgot about that film and I absolutely hate it. Sandra Bullock won the oscar for that film for acting like an average human being. 

Cabin in the Woods

Memento

Dark Knight Rises

Get Out

Frozen

Zootopia

I am Iron Man

I cant stand the newer Fast and Furious movies 5,6 and 7 I dont like how they got so over the top and the characters are just able to handle every situation.

Basically anything made by Speilberg or Cameron. Just don't see the appeal.