By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

I hate him but the whole situation is BS and hopefully he will be successful and bigger than kinda funny. I can't stand condescending people like him, but shit friends and shit media/journalism is worse than that.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

Well it's a good thing we never have and never will live in a pure capitalist society, and thus fear mongering articles such as that one have no merit.

What do you define as a pure capitalist society?

In terms I think you can understand? A society where corporations can exist without regulation.

VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

I disagree with you and I am glad that he has a platform to voice his opinions to counteract people like you who wish to silence anyone with a different opinion.

So, critizing him now amounts to trying to silence him?

You know well and truly that he was not just criticised. Media outlets labelled him as racist, sexist, mysoginistic, etc. People on social media tried to get him fired (might as well have happened since he had to leave). Don't even attempt and say that he was only criticised.

Lawlight said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, critizing him now amounts to trying to silence him?

You know well and truly that he was not just criticised. Media outlets labelled him as racist, sexist, mysoginistic, etc. People on social media tried to get him fired (might as well have happened since he had to leave). Don't even attempt and say that he was only criticised.

You said "people like you", when all the person you responded to did what criticize him.

VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

There's a difference between writing a full-on essay, and making post after post that indicates that you don't have the slightest idea of how the world actually functions, and spout nonsencal utopian ideas that have no merit even being mentioned to anyone outside of an introduction to philosophy classroom.

The ideas you continue to post have absolutely no merit. Expanding upon them isn't going to add any type of credibility to your arguments.

I'm not looking for a utopia. Of course there'll always be problems. I'm just looking for a world where there isn't massive amounts of food wasted while millions of people are starving, and where people are hoarding billions that they'll never spend while others can't afford to pay their rent.

You're arguing for a mass redistrubution of wealth. That is delusional and utopian. You're looking for a world that will never ever exist. It's not even remotely possible. It's a dream world that requires people to ignore human nature and the genetically ingrained desire to put yourself and your loved ones above everyone else.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
I hate him but the whole situation is BS and hopefully he will be successful and bigger than kinda funny. I can't stand condescending people like him, but shit friends and shit media/journalism is worse than that.

Oh, trust me - I turned off the PS I Love You XOXO podcast several times because of how cringey some of his gaming opinions are. But I watched his interview on the Rubin Report and agree with his view that the regressive left is not the way to go and that both sides can meet in the middle.

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:

What do you define as a pure capitalist society?

In terms I think you can understand? A society where corporations can exist without regulation.

Well, we were closer to that until the Great Depression where the free market economy collapsed and workers striked in droves, forcing the corporations and government into having better working conditions. Of course, we'll never get pure free-market capitalism because it's not in the corporations best interests to do so, as they want to create certain regulations that will benefit themselves.

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm not looking for a utopia. Of course there'll always be problems. I'm just looking for a world where there isn't massive amounts of food wasted while millions of people are starving, and where people are hoarding billions that they'll never spend while others can't afford to pay their rent.

You're arguing for a mass redistrubution of wealth. That is delusional and utopian. You're looking for a world that will never ever exist. It's not even remotely possible. It's a dream world that requires people to ignore human nature and the genetically ingrained desire to put yourself and your loved ones above everyone else.

What I know from human nature is that we have a huge sense of belonging, and that not nurturing leads to severe psychological problems.

Lafiel said:
Aura7541 said:

It's basically a dad joke, similar along the lines of "hugh mungus".

it's a bit different to crack such a joke on international women's day, which is all about respect for women - it means he has none

Agreed. I hear jokes like that all the time. It's the timing that was tasteless. Intentionally, for his own benefit.

VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

What I know from human nature is that we have a huge sense of belonging, and that not nurturing leads to severe psychological problems.

Well that's the problem. It appears that your view of human nature comes from an extremely idealist point of view.