By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

Joe Rogan summed up perfectly the ridiculousness that was the SJW "outrage" at Colin's harmless joke...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxyHSG44qTE

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

This is why i don't think Hillary Clinton or any other woman will become President OF the USA in the foreseeable future, America isn't ready for a female Leader.

gtaguidelng said:
This is why i don't think Hillary Clinton or any other woman will become President OF the USA in the foreseeable future, America isn't ready for a female Leader.

.... because Colin Moriarity experienced unfair backlash because of a relatively harmless tweet and has kickstarted a new youtube series... America won't have a female president?

I just.... I don't get how some people's brains function.

gtaguidelng said:

gtaguidelng said:

Please, please tell me how you came to that conclusion.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
gtaguidelng said:

.... because Colin Moriarity experienced unfair backlash because of a relatively harmless tweet and has kickstarted a new youtube series... America won't have a female president?

what i mean is the gender equality in the USA. like having the same job but women are still being paid less than men. well i guess they should be happy they're not in the middle east. 

gtaguidelng said:
potato_hamster said:

what i mean is the gender equality in the USA. like having the same job but women are still being paid less than men. well i guess they should be happy they're not in the middle east. 

It's illegal to pay a woman less than a man for the same job with the same experience, credentials, etc. If you know of examples of this, that's a slam dunk lawsuit win.

Lawlight said:
spemanig said:

I mean, with all of the respect in the world to Colin, most people have games they know so well that they can write guides about them. I can write a fully detailed guide about pretty much every Pokémon game, for example. That doesn't make him knowledgeable with regards to games in general. It just makes him knowledgeable with regards to very specific games that he loves. He was just proactive about writing guides for the ones he likes.

And the PS4/XBO thing has been obvious for years. He didn't present anything new or insightful, though there is merit to presenting known and established information to a new audience. After all, that's essentially all that teaching is.

I bet only a handful of us posters are able to write details guides like he did. I know I can't and I'm sure most can't. Just have a look at his guides on GameFAQs. Listen to his podcasts, especially the ones about the best games on PS for example. I would say he knows gaming about as much as us enthusiasts do.

I would say that he knows about gaming no more than most enthisiasts do. That's my point.

I do listen to his podcasts, and I'm familiar with guides in general. Once you understand the structure, it's just about filling them in with the details. Again, if you have a favorite game that you've played multiple times, you probably know it well enough to make a guide. And if there are small details you don't know off of memory, you probably know the game well enough to figure out how to find them. That's essentially how guides are made. Anyone can do it. You just need to be good at the game and have the patient to put in the work. That doesn't take an exceptional amount of knowledge about games in general. At least not more than your average game enthusiast. It's not difficult - it's boring and tedious, like transcribing spoken word to at a court or something. Everything is there for you. You just have to be willing to do it.

gtaguidelng said:
potato_hamster said:

Don't propagate that myth - we know by now that it's not true.

This crap makes me sick. It wasn't even a harsh joke. It wasn't crude. It wasn't below the belt or personal. It was a harmless freakin joke. And if a woman did the equivalent of this against men, there would be no issue, guaranteed. The hypersensitivity of people is truly sickening, only matched by the fact that there are enough disgustingly hypersensitive people and SJWs out there that they can actually bring harm in some way to their chosen target. I guess some people just have sad, boring lives. As fortunate as I feel to live in the US, sometimes I can't stand the ways of this country.