By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

betacon said:
VGPolyglot said:

No, I think that the repressive system of capitalism should be abolished and replaced with an alturistic and cooperative economic system.

Yep reward lazy people and let them feed off the rich. brilliant.

Meritocracy is sexist, though :^)

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:

And as I said to someone else beforehand, when the wage gap laws were changed wealth was not redistributed, so those who were ahead stayed ahead.

why would weath be redistributed? You act as if that's a reasonable thing to do.

Why should someone be rich just because their parents were, while others are both because of the same reason. That's reasonable to you?

VGPolyglot said:
betacon said:

That get paid the extact some for the same amount of imput, unless you think people should get paid the same reardless of what they do there no wage gap. It's myth and people need to stop spotuing crap and lies.

No, I think that the repressive system of capitalism should be abolished and replaced with an alturistic and cooperative economic system.

Okay. Well good luck with that with such unrealistic and unachievable utopian wishes.

Aura7541 said:
betacon said:

Meritocracy is sexist, though :^)

I remember you talking about the US being crony capitalist/corporatist, but it seems like you're defending it right here. Do you think it's a meritocracy, or do you not?

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:

Okay. Well good luck with that with such unrealistic and unachievable utopian wishes.

Well, the alternative is global warming destroying human civilization as we know it, so I'd say that we don't really have much of a choice.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

why would weath be redistributed? You act as if that's a reasonable thing to do.

Why should someone be rich just because their parents were, while others are both because of the same reason. That's reasonable to you?

... yes. Many times people work harder to ensure that their children are better off. Now those children should be punished for their parents hard work over some utopian sense of "fairness"? Life isn't fair. Some people will always be born with advantages over others, whether it's Michael Phelps (physicial advantages), Donald Trump (wealth advantages), or Neil DeGrasse Tyson (intellectual advantages(. That will never change.

VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

Well, the alternative is global warming destroying human civilization as we know it, so I'd say that we don't really have much of a choice.

There's a false dichotomy if there ever was one.

The joke thing was absurd (kind of amazing something like that can become such a big deal) but I've never liked the guy, his whole debacle with the Vita and 3DS and refusal to admit he was wrong despite the written evidence to the contrary really turned me off to him.

He's kind of an asshole.

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:

... yes. Many times people work harder to ensure that their children are better off. Now those children should be punished for their parents hard work over some utopian sense of "fairness"? Life isn't fair. Some people will always be born with advantages over others, whether it's Michael Phelps (physicial advantages), Donald Trump (wealth advantages), or Neil DeGrasse Tyson (intellectual advantages(. That will never change.

You talk as if poor people don't work hard.

VGPolyglot said:
betacon said:

The vast majority of rich people get rich by feeding off the labour of the workers.

That is ridiculously simplistic.