By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You invert Vertical Axis or Not?

Invert or not?

Yes 27 51.92%

No 20 38.46%

I swing both ways depending on game 5 9.62%

Total:52

Anytime I get a new game pretty much the 1st thing I do is go to settings and invert y axis. I have always wondered why I need to have it inverted. I have 3 brothers, ages 28, 25, and 22, I am 31. Me and my 28 year old brother always invert, but the 2 youngest do not. All I can think of is that the 1st gen of 3d games came default inverted so I learned to play that way (rogue squadron, Goldeneye, etc) where as the younger brothers did not play much until gamecube ps2 era.

So how do you set this setting?

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I don't. I guess it's a matter of people getting used to any of those set-ups, but never understood the idea of inverting the axis in the first place.

Wright said:

I don't. I guess it's a matter of people getting used to any of those set-ups, but never understood the idea of inverting the axis in the first place.

I think it has to do with flight stick?

Acevil said:
Wright said:

You mean the ones for Flight Simulator and the likes? Why would you invert those too?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. Still, why translate something like that to a shooter, for example, where the camera movement doesn't work in the same way?

Pulling back on flight stick causes you to rise, pushing forward cause you to dive.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Almost always, for whatever reason it just makes more sense to me.

Wright said:
Acevil said:

You mean the ones for Flight Simulator and the likes? Why would you invert those too?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. Still, why translate something like that to a shooter, for example, where the camera movement doesn't work in the same way?

Something that transitioned in a lot of people's mind imagine. If your mind accepts that as the norm, it becomes the norm. Like how we all adapted to qwerty keyboards. What is funny is I use the normal fps set up in games and inverted aka normal setup in ace combat.

depends on what the game is, but generally, no I don't invert it

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I only do it when flying

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

First thing I do is invert that Y-axis