By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2017 NPD Thread! Nioh sales up!

GribbleGrunger said:
Ariakon said:

I get you. I think it was more the stock situations in the months where Amazon was wrong. And yeah, the bulk of Switch sales will have come in January when it first went on sale, most likely. I would expect it to outsell the other systems at the very least 2 to 1, more likely around 3 to 1 next month. 

Are you saying you think it will outsell the other consoles by 2:1 this month and by 3:1 in April? If so, why do you think that? Is there a game on the Switch I'm not aware of and doesn't Persona 5 release in April?

Oh no, no, I meant "next month" as in the March NPD that will release in April, ha. I expect Switch to be down in April by quite a bit, depending upon supply. For March, though, I expect it to outsell the next closest system by 2 or 3 to 1, just judging by past launch numbers. 

Around the Network

Playstation domination baby!

Maybe Microsoft's Mouth Windows Central will give us the numbers. Assuming Microsoft their source "leaks" them the numbers.

Unless the difference is as big or bigger than January where we got no numbers.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
celador said:
sad these NPD threads are starting to die off like VGC numbers

Yep. zsidane must be spinning in his grave.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bandorr said:

Maybe Microsoft's Mouth Windows Central will give us the numbers. Assuming Microsoft their source "leaks" them the numbers.

What were the January numbers?

Around the Network

Yeah, seeing how Microsoft didn't mention sales being up YoY while they did in December and January it's probably fair to assume that XB1 is down YoY. That would put XB1 below 248.2k

Ariakon said:

Oh no, no, I meant "next month" as in the March NPD that will release in April, ha. I expect Switch to be down in April by quite a bit, depending upon supply. For March, though, I expect it to outsell the next closest system by 2 or 3 to 1, just judging by past launch numbers. 

In which case, I agree

The PS5 Exists. 

Super super for the star ship trooper! Ps4 domination baby. It should be the top selling home console in March too. Cant see xbox beating it until scorpio launch unless they do an insane promotion during one of the months.

Bandorr said:

It not about the numbers with Microsoft anymore, it's about what they say.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Kerotan said:
Super super for the star ship trooper! Ps4 domination baby. It should be the top selling home console in March too. Cant see xbox beating it until scorpio launch unless they do an insane promotion during one of the months.

switch is #1 in march