By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF: Switch vs PS4! Dragon Quest Heroes 2 Graphics Comparison + Frame-Rate Test

PC version for me.

Around the Network

Nintendo consoles are for exclusives as always

The difference in graphics isn't that bad but the frame rate is another story.

Just needs more time on Switch version. I mean we know the Switch can handle BotW so can't see why this game is struggling. Lazy developers I guess

Good that fps don't have anything to do with gameplay. Otherwise this would be horrible for an action game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

That's unfortunate. I'm not a big enough DQ fan to get this on PS4, but the 2-in-1 release was pretty enticing. Guess that's a lost sale.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Again a 720p resolution on docked mode and assets reduced further somewhere between ps3 and vita would have sorted this out and perhaps even managed 60fps.

I'd go for the ps4 version anyway though for an all-round better experience and probably a lot cheaper too which you can then play on Vita at 60fps using remote play with much enhanced graphics over Switch.

Nogamez said:
Just needs more time on Switch version. I mean we know the Switch can handle BotW so can't see why this game is struggling. Lazy developers I guess

I really hate that "lazy developers" phrase

the Switch version is probably expected to sell ~50k copies ww and hence the budget (set by the publisher) for the port was very limited, so adjusting a big chunk of the assets to get the best visuals/performance combination out of the Switch just seems financially unfeasible

I don't doubt the devs would have loved to make it the best version it can be

the comparison with BotW makes no sense as that title is easily expected to sell 5m+ copies (I think even 15m+ is a possibility), so there was a lot more budget to achieve the polish on display

Super_Boom said:
That's unfortunate. I'm not a big enough DQ fan to get this on PS4, but the 2-in-1 release was pretty enticing. Guess that's a lost sale.

Its not a "real" DQ game... so Imo no big loss.

Its one of those musuo hack & slash type games... I wouldnt get this for PS4 either (where it runs fine).

Bandorr said:
Super_Boom said:

I'm not a big DQ fan either really. I think just DQ 8 maybe? Anyways I love musou so I got the first one. Completely surprised me. Was 100% fantastic. Could easily be my 2015 game of the year.

I'm pretty lukewarm on the genre. Even Hyrule Warriors, with one of my favorite gaming IPs, I couldn't maintain interest long after I finished the base game. With an IP I don't really care much about, I have a tough time to getting motivated to purchase...even if it's more fluid than most Musou games.

Though never say never I guess. This seems like the type of game(s) that I'll see on a Flash Sale, and it might even get an eShop sale here or there. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334