By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF: Switch vs PS4! Dragon Quest Heroes 2 Graphics Comparison + Frame-Rate Test

HintHRO said:
Train wreck said:
Makes you wonder about Dragon Quest XI

Will look closer to the 3DS version

And use those 3DS assets, just enhanced? Not sure if that would look appealing since Switch is miles away more powerful than 3DS compared to the PS4 and Switch. At least from what I keep reading when comparing these consoles' specs and all.

Around the Network

I will get the game, I don't give a shit what digital foundry says. I use my own judgement for buying purposes.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

That doesn't bode well for future ps4 ports to switch. It's a powerful handheld but not that powerful.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
I will get the game, I don't give a shit what digital foundry says. I use my own judgement for buying purposes.

Then why open the thread if you don't care what they say?

If there's one thing that would keep me from buying this game, it would be the gameplay, rather than visuals. If the game is fun and runs well enough, I'd consider getting it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

God damn, that's a bad port. 

This doesn't say anything or indicate anything about what a multiplatform game will look like on the PS4 and Switch. We still gotta wait until we see a game that was built from the ground up for both at the same time.

This just seems to have been a lazy and quick port to have something at launch. 

FloatingWaffles said:

This doesn't say anything or indicate anything about what a multiplatform game will look like on the PS4 and Switch. We still gotta wait until we see a game that was built from the ground up for both at the same time.

And how often do you expect devs to spend the extra cash/time doing that?  I'll tell you it definitely won't be the norm.

think-man said:
It's obviously not optimised for the Switch. Just look at Zelda then look at this.

Definitely not. I'll judge games based on ones that were built from the ground up on Switch, and yes Zelda is excluded for that. Most of Nintendo's upcoming content is ports from other systems, I believe even Mario Odyssey stemmed originally from Wii U as Nintendo started work on that game, right after 3D World. I can't really gauge the power of the switch on unoptimzed games.

just probably rushed for the release in Japan, I wouldn't read too much into this. Obviously could have been optimized on the Switch better, Dragon Quest Heroes is far from an aggressively visual game 

thismeintiel said:
FloatingWaffles said:

And how often do you expect devs to spend the extra cash/time doing that?  I'll tell you it definitely won't be the norm.

A good example should come around eventually, even with the possibility of it not being 'the norm'. It just depends on what type of third party games the Switch gets.

I would imagine at least Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty will hit the Switch this year (If the new AC comes out this year, that is). So maybe one of those will be a better example of how a multiplatform should look. But like you said, it does depend on how much time/money the developer actually spends on porting it.