By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake battles are action-based, cover optional

Ka-pi96 said:
thatguymarco said:

I fail to see how's that the case, the only things Nomura has ever had big roles in regarding the FF franchise is this, FFVersusXIII (A game that didn't even get to exist), and Advent Childern. Please stop lumping everything together under one big name that's easy remember, it leads confusion and misinformation.

Other people can be confused and misinformed all they want, I don't give a fuck. Nomura is still the man who killed FF for me and always will be. 13 was bad, but not terminal, he however is fully responsible for 15 which for me was the final nail in the coffin. Now he's just exhibiting his necrophillia with FF's corpse.

XV's director was Tabata, not Nomura, now, Nomura USED TO be XV's director, back when it was called VSXIII.

Fun fact: Part of VSXIII's naming was the fact that Nomura considered too different for it to be a mainline game. The rebranding was most likely an executive decision out Nomura's hands so, what can you do.

Not 100% sure on this one, but interviews with other big names at Square kept hinting at the fact that FF was moving to a more action-oriented route for a pretty long time, so it's logical to assume that FF would've moved towards action regardless of Nomura's input in VSXIII and XV.

If you hate XV as game rather than a concept, then it would be more logical for your hatred to be focused on Tabata, the man behind of many of the (terrible) decisions that went into the final product, (because let me tell you that even as a big ARPG and Technical Action Game fan I found XV to be pretty garbo myself) otherwise then keep going at it with Nomura, just be aware that you don't really know what you're talking about when you do it.

Also; opinion: Not caring about the consequences of your actions just to maintain a grudge is extremely childish and makes you look like a fool. Plz don't do it.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
vivster said:
KLXVER said:
Not really a remake if they change they way you play it...

No, that is exactly what a remake is. They are remaking the game into something they deem it should be. Maybe something they couldn't realize when they made the original.

Lol so much this! 

Kerotan said:
vivster said:

No, that is exactly what a remake is. They are remaking the game into something they deem it should be. Maybe something they couldn't realize when they made the original.

Lol so much this! 

Well, no, actually, unless it has the qualifier he added.  Otherwise, a simple "remake" would mean to do the same thing over.  "Re-" means, basically, "again".  If they're changing key elements that made up the identity of the original then they're creating something new using the original as a base.  Of course, how far something goes before it can still be called a "remake" will always be up for debate, but it's perfectly within reason for someone to question the term being used if the new version makes meaningful changes.

Yes a cover system in a ARPG. Because it's so Gears of War and this is 2006 right? Well ok The Last Story had it but it let you have some freedom using a bow for example you can shoot each enemy on a platform or command a party member with magic to destroy the pillar supporting the platform. I doubt Nomura thought that far. So he says optional. So it's pointless then? Sounds like he adds more things but without reason to add them making them pointless. Whatever I called out No Mans Sky in 2014 &Destiny in 2013 no one listened or cared so prob same here.

This game is going to be be careful what you wish for games. Nomura is trash. KH combat is crap.. People think all turn based looks the same and think all Action looks the same. Turn based can look like Dragon Quest or Dragon Age Origins. Yes DAO is turn based. You just don't know it by looking at it but it is stat and timing based like any turn based game. Xenoblade games are turn based. Eh whatever. Will pass on this game.

KLXVER said:
Not really a remake if they change they way you play it...

That's exactly what a remake is. You're thinking of a port. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames