By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Breaks Nintendo Sales Records in Americas & Japanese Sales ~330k+

Tagged games:

Do we believe Reggie through the NYT through The Verge?

Yes. 126 50.81%

No. 80 32.26%

Who's Reggie? 42 16.94%

Total:248
Tryklon said:
Acevil said:

Might end up decent but I was not impressed by UK numbers. Might not be poor but it wasn't too impressive either. 

Just dont forget you cannot see UK as a standalone country, it's part of a region. It's almost like saying that you are not impressed by Texas numbers... well ok, but it's not measures by Texas, it's measured by the entire US, the same thing happens in Europe. And there are countries with videogame sales stronger than the UK, like France for example or Germany. And I'm not even throwing possible numbers of Spain, Italy etc.

3DS and portable Nintendo are huge around Europe. Im confident in some impressive numbers, certainly higher than the US. We will see.

Mobile it is a bit harder for me to write. So when I get off work I will continue the discussion why I am not impressed by UK numbers and the reason I believe Europe will not be as impressive.

Around the Network
Tryklon said:
Acevil said:

Might end up decent but I was not impressed by UK numbers. Might not be poor but it wasn't too impressive either. 

Just dont forget you cannot see UK as a standalone country, it's part of a region. It's almost like saying that you are not impressed by Texas numbers.

Wait! What??

SWORDF1SH said:
Tryklon said:

Just dont forget you cannot see UK as a standalone country, it's part of a region. It's almost like saying that you are not impressed by Texas numbers.

Wait! What??

I mean that Texas is just a state inside the US, same as the UK is a state inside Europe (in terms of videogame sales offcourse, not politically)

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Tryklon said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Wait! What??

I mean that Texas is just a state inside the US, same as the UK is a state inside Europe (in terms of videogame sales offcourse, not politically)

This is a very odd comparison. Without going into the odd Texas comparison, did you know that the UK probably has the biggest console market outside the US.

I'm kinda confused with the line 'you can't see UK as a standalone country'. What does that mean?

SWORDF1SH said:
Tryklon said:

This is a very odd comparison. Without going into the odd Texas comparison, did you know that the UK probably has the biggest console market outside the US.

I'm kinda confused with the line 'you can't see UK as a standalone country'. What does that mean?

I mean Nintendo usually releases Europe's numbers as a whole. Not country by country.  

Plus, if UK has the biggest console market outside the US and they just sold 80k, that market is going down like Titanic =P

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Tryklon said:

I started by using UK numbers to showcase poor Europe numbers. Nintendo and other companies typically feature the region as one. So it is on me. For why he said those things. I will explain better my reasoning later.

Tryklon said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I mean Nintendo usually releases Europe's numbers as a whole. Not country by country.  

Plus, if UK has the biggest console market outside the US and they just sold 80k, that market is going down like Titanic =P

Ok. Well it's not biggest Nintendo market outside the US so a few countries will sell more than 80k. Japan seems to have smashed 80k so that's good.

SWORDF1SH said:
Tryklon said:

Ok. Well it's not biggest Nintendo market outside the US so a few countries will sell more than 80k. Japan seems to have smashed 80k so that's good.

France numbers are out. 105k units. Like I said, more than the UK.

Europe stands now at 185k units in JUST 2 countries.

Tryklon said:
SWORDF1SH said:

France numbers are out. 105k units. Like I said, more than the UK.

Europe stands now at 185k units in JUST 2 countries.

Very nice. Was just looking at the launch games and what's coming. With Zelda, Mario kart, and then Disega 5 coming out looks like I'm going to hop on this train and hope Switch delivers. 

Anyone else know of what else is coming out this year hard to find reliable list.

My predixunz LTD sales:

US: 750K
Japan: 330K
France: 105K
UK: 80K
Rest Europe: 300K
Rest World: 200K

=~1.8M