By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Breath of the Wild?

How far are you?

Not very far 104 33.44%

I just beat a dungeon 37 11.90%

In the middle 21 6.75%

Near the end 29 9.32%

I have no idea 58 18.65%

Story? I am just going to explore all day! 62 19.94%

Total:311

Wizzrobes design is pretty neat. Very cool foe to fight.

Around the Network

I just realized I get to play my Switch while working, sort of.

I have to go to the DMV today for work and get the tabs for one of our vehicles paid. (No idea why slip didn't come in mail)

But I get to leave work early to do that. I also have my own tabs to pay (strangely as well never received thing in mail) so it's something I need to go to anyway.

But DMV wait time be like 30+ minutes I'm sure. Good time to bring my switch and pass time by playing Zelda.

SvennoJ said:
killeryoshis said:

You beat the game? You are the first one!

OT:

Anyway  while I was doing some of  the volcano shrines apperently having the fire rod can break some of the puzzles. You can also use any of the rods as much as you want as long as you don't hit anyone. Which is a wierd design choice.

Are you sure about that. I'm sure I never hit anyone and they broke after a while of playing around with them. The second meteor rod I got has been working a long time. Perhaps not letting it get depleted helps. I use this one as a camp fire starter only.

They have yet broke on me. Maybe I am not using it enough.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

irstupid said:
Volterra_90 said:
So, after 80 shrines, about a hundred Kolog seeds, all the map unlocked, finding some really cool weapons and references to older Zeldas, Ganon is down. What a phenomenal ride. And I feel it's just the beginning. When I beat it my thoughts were: "That was cool, now, what's next?". Awesome feeling.

How does the end work? Do you just reload from most recent save or does it let you jump in after his demise?

Most recent save, you can kill Ganon whenever you want ;)

Only differences I've noticed were a star appearing in your file save after defeating it, and a completion percentage in the Sheikah Slate. I have a 20% completion rate by the way. Crazy XD.

irstupid said:
Wyrdness said:
Picked up the Ice and Electric rods.

I got a blizzard rod that has extra durability i am excited about. Had a meteor rod, not sure if I still have it. No basic rods, weird.  Well had one.

Kid in Hateno village wants me to show him a fire rod. Had been a while since got that quest, so I had thought he wanted to see an ice rod so found me a wizard shooting ice and killed him for it. Spent another 5 hours just exploring and getting annoyed with my ice rod sitting in my inventory, sicne it took up space and I had a better blizzard rod anyway, so whnever found new weapon I wanted I had to drop something decent while keeping ice rod.  So finally headed back to talk to kid. He tells me he wants fire rod. I threw that damn ice rod right into his face.

Still have no fire rod.

There are some wizards with fire rods just north of the great plateau, south of the desert.

I wish you could store weapons. Eventually I throw the cool stuff away as it's only sitting in the way as I go through better weapons for normal fights. Freeze swords, lightning sword, fire, ice, meteor rods. Plus when you use them they only last 2 maybe 3 fights, sometimes not even one. Meteor rod is useful though, also works as a torch to melt iceblocks and keeps you warm if you don't have protective gear. I wonder if carrying a freeze rod keeps you cool in the desert? Need more inventory space!

killeryoshis said:
SvennoJ said:

Are you sure about that. I'm sure I never hit anyone and they broke after a while of playing around with them. The second meteor rod I got has been working a long time. Perhaps not letting it get depleted helps. I use this one as a camp fire starter only.

The first one I got I started setting all the grass around me on fire, it broke in 60 seconds lol, 20-30 ish casts.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
irstupid said:

I got a blizzard rod that has extra durability i am excited about. Had a meteor rod, not sure if I still have it. No basic rods, weird.  Well had one.

Kid in Hateno village wants me to show him a fire rod. Had been a while since got that quest, so I had thought he wanted to see an ice rod so found me a wizard shooting ice and killed him for it. Spent another 5 hours just exploring and getting annoyed with my ice rod sitting in my inventory, sicne it took up space and I had a better blizzard rod anyway, so whnever found new weapon I wanted I had to drop something decent while keeping ice rod.  So finally headed back to talk to kid. He tells me he wants fire rod. I threw that damn ice rod right into his face.

Still have no fire rod.

There are some wizards with fire rods just north of the great plateau, south of the desert.

I wish you could store weapons. Eventually I throw the cool stuff away as it's only sitting in the way as I go through better weapons for normal fights. Freeze swords, lightning sword, fire, ice, meteor rods. Plus when you use them they only last 2 maybe 3 fights, sometimes not even one. Meteor rod is useful though, also works as a torch to melt iceblocks and keeps you warm if you don't have protective gear. I wonder if carrying a freeze rod keeps you cool in the desert? Need more inventory space!

killeryoshis said:

The first one I got I started setting all the grass around me on fire, it broke in 60 seconds lol, 20-30 ish casts.

You can purchase a house and it allows you to store 3 weapons, 3 shields and 3 bows.

That's what I tend to do. If I find something really good/cool I go and store it.

Finally killed the boss in Gerudo. Two dungeons down; two to go, eventually. 

I found this easter egg as I head Northeast. 

sc94597 said:

Finally killed the boss in Gerudo. Two dungeons down; two to go, eventually. 

I found this easter egg as I head Northeast. 

Yea i like the naming of things in this game.

You have like Darunia's lake that I can think of off the top of my head. Oh and Sarias something I recall seeing.

irstupid said:

You can purchase a house and it allows you to store 3 weapons, 3 shields and 3 bows.

That's what I tend to do. If I find something really good/cool I go and store it.

Ah, nice. That doesn't really fit my playstyle unless it's a mobile home :) I don't intend to use fast travel, so going back 'home' to get a weapon could take hours. I'll certainly buy one anyway, I'm geting loaded with gems from all the mountain climbing.

The 2 most frequent messages in my game are 'inventory full' and 'game over'. I saw this awesome lightning sword sticking out of the ground somewhere, tried to pick it up, inventory full. Immediately after an enemy runs out from behind a rock, grabs it and 1 hit kills me with it lol.

SvennoJ said:
irstupid said:

Ah, nice. That doesn't really fit my playstyle unless it's a mobile home :) I don't intend to use fast travel, so going back 'home' to get a weapon could take hours. I'll certainly buy one anyway, I'm geting loaded with gems from all the mountain climbing.

The 2 most frequent messages in my game are 'inventory full' and 'game over'. I saw this awesome lightning sword sticking out of the ground somewhere, tried to pick it up, inventory full. Immediately after an enemy runs out from behind a rock, grabs it and 1 hit kills me with it lol.

Ah yea, I'm not a fast traveler either. But there have been times before I got the house that I held and item in my inventory for like 6 hours and never used, cause I didn't want it to break, lol. So it's nice to have a place to stockpile the coolest weapons or strongest you have for when you really do want to use them for some epic fight your planning.