By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Breath of the Wild?

How far are you?

Not very far 104 33.44%

I just beat a dungeon 37 11.90%

In the middle 21 6.75%

Near the end 29 9.32%

I have no idea 58 18.65%

Story? I am just going to explore all day! 62 19.94%

Total:311

Killed my first Lynel yesterday. Was just doing a thorough walk around of the Zora mountains area and figured while there might as well try him.

Clearly some are stronger than others. He was a pushover imo. I had tried fighting one earlier in the fields somewhere else and just got destroyed. Sometimes the fairies can be more annoying than they are worth. I would get one shotted, be in ragdoll mode while a fairy brought me back to 5 hp. By the time I stand up again, the Lynel is charging and one shot rag dolls me again. Went through all 6 of my fairies with me being able to do not much of anything.

But the Lynel on the mountain, with my best armor on, I didn't take much damage.

But then spent the next few hours doing some random side quest.

I played like 5 hours and not once did I even think of doing the main quest, or even shrines. I was having a blast just exploring and doing other stuff. ANd didn't even explore much if you zoomed out to total area. Thoroughly explored the Tingle islands. He is no where to be found. If he is in this game, he has not shown his face yet to me.

Around the Network
irstupid said:

Killed my first Lynel yesterday. Was just doing a thorough walk around of the Zora mountains area and figured while there might as well try him.

Clearly some are stronger than others. He was a pushover imo. I had tried fighting one earlier in the fields somewhere else and just got destroyed. Sometimes the fairies can be more annoying than they are worth. I would get one shotted, be in ragdoll mode while a fairy brought me back to 5 hp. By the time I stand up again, the Lynel is charging and one shot rag dolls me again. Went through all 6 of my fairies with me being able to do not much of anything.

But the Lynel on the mountain, with my best armor on, I didn't take much damage.

But then spent the next few hours doing some random side quest.

I played like 5 hours and not once did I even think of doing the main quest, or even shrines. I was having a blast just exploring and doing other stuff. ANd didn't even explore much if you zoomed out to total area. Thoroughly explored the Tingle islands. He is no where to be found. If he is in this game, he has not shown his face yet to me.

There are fairies in the game, and armor? I've only been playing for 5 hours a day since release, not encountered any of those yet lol. I took the switch with me to the dentist today, trying to locate a shrine that was showing up on the radar but it's pointing to somewhere inside the mountain. I found the most likely point of entry down a cliff face but there doesn't seem anything that can open or reveal itself. Stumped. I climbed up and down that mountain for over half an hour, damn indicator kept taunting me.

I went to another shrine instead, 5th time I got major test of strength, hmm. It's easy now with attack+ food and the weapons from the last one, yet I rather have a puzzle! Couple more mountain peaks to scale in the Hebra mountains then time to get out of that never ending snowstorm.

And indeed, then you zoom out and realize you've only explored 10% or less of the entire map lol. No main quest progress yet, only have the Rito gear so far to survive in the mountains.

So, after 80 shrines, about a hundred Kolog seeds, all the map unlocked, finding some really cool weapons and references to older Zeldas, Ganon is down. What a phenomenal ride. And I feel it's just the beginning. When I beat it my thoughts were: "That was cool, now, what's next?". Awesome feeling.

Mar1217 said:
Volterra_90 said:
So, after 80 shrines, about a hundred Kolog seeds, all the map unlocked, finding some really cool weapons and references to older Zeldas, Ganon is down. What a phenomenal ride. And I feel it's just the beginning. When I beat it my thoughts were: "That was cool, now, what's next?". Awesome feeling.

You still have 30+ shrines to do. You still need to explore this world fully :P

Oh, yeah, sure. I meant that when I beat Ganon, I was like... OK, so now where do I go? XD. Now it's time to do some Hyrulean tourism haha. I'll try to find all the shrines and all the secrets I can. Not a chance I'll find all the Kolog seeds by myself though. It seems extremely unrealistic. 

I'm kinda bored already about 3 hours in.

Soooo much traveling with easy to kill NPCs. I'm on the second quest to find 4 shrines, but I have no clue where they are. I can probably google it, but I'm trying to avoid doing that for my play through.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:

You beat the game? You are the first one!

OT:

Anyway  while I was doing some of  the volcano shrines apperently having the fire rod can break some of the puzzles. You can also use any of the rods as much as you want as long as you don't hit anyone. Which is a wierd design choice.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Seventizz said:
I'm kinda bored already about 3 hours in.

Soooo much traveling with easy to kill NPCs. I'm on the second quest to find 4 shrines, but I have no clue where they are. I can probably google it, but I'm trying to avoid doing that for my play through.

Haha, you're in for a rude awakening. I haven't gotten to the second quest yet after 30+ hours.

I did just finish my first dungeon at the Rito village, very very cool. Plus it gave me a great new ability as a reward to help with exploring. Hmm, now I feel like going back to the desert to find out what ability lies there. So far 24 shrines discoved, used for 5 stamina upgrades (1 full circle) and 1 heart, 32 Kolog seeds, 3 towers unlocked and haven't even fully explored those 3 areas yet. So many amazing details everywhere.

Perhaps I should go to the second quest at some point to unlock the rest of the shita slate, dunno what the rest is for. Nah, I'll  just get distracted again on the way. Back to the desert, climb over that mountain range again (no fast travel!) should be a lot easier now.

killeryoshis said:
Volterra_90 said:

You beat the game? You are the first one!

OT:

Anyway  while I was doing some of  the volcano shrines apperently having the fire rod can break some of the puzzles. You can also use any of the rods as much as you want as long as you don't hit anyone. Which is a wierd design choice.

Are you sure about that. I'm sure I never hit anyone and they broke after a while of playing around with them. The second meteor rod I got has been working a long time. Perhaps not letting it get depleted helps. I use this one as a camp fire starter only.

I beat the game yesterday after doing 75 shrines and seeing all of the story: The 4 Divine Beasts, the 13 memories, and the Master Sword. It took 45 hours. Now I'm gonna keep playing until I finish all the shrines and sidequests.

Unlocked a few towers, 7 hearts, 2 stamina upgrades.  Cant deal with the freaking gaurdians, have a house, LOVING it.