By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Breath of the Wild?

How far are you?

Not very far 104 33.44%

I just beat a dungeon 37 11.90%

In the middle 21 6.75%

Near the end 29 9.32%

I have no idea 58 18.65%

Story? I am just going to explore all day! 62 19.94%

Total:311

With Breath of the Wild released in all major reagions I am curious how far everyone else is doing. The game does not really have dungeons like the last games but I am pretty sure you can give a sorta summary on where you are. Try to be spoiler free.  If you do want to post spoilers use the spoiler tag. Give a warning oustide of the tag so no one reads too far into it. So how is your gameplay experience so far?  If you finished the game then you will be added to the "Awesome people who finished the game" list.

Awesome People Who Finished The Game
Volterra_90
StarDoor
mZuzek
Peh
killeryoshis
Yomieee
ktay95

I am just doing the quest for the paraglider. I am stuck so I am here to think on how to do it before I go back to it. I got the switch version.

Skyward Sword version from 5 years ago

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Stuck on a delivery truck. Faster, UPS!

I'm on the Great Plateau. The old man trolled me and know he wants me to complete 2 other Shrines so he can give his floaty thing. I know there's another one on the snowy section of the plateau, and that you can use cooked chilli to reduce cold temperature's effects, but I'd like the green outfit instead to not worry about the weather at all, so I'm looking for that.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
I'm on the Great Plateau. The old man trolled me and know he wants me to complete 2 other Shrines so he can give his floaty thing. I know there's another one on the snowy section of the plateau, and that you can use cooked chilli to reduce cold temperature's effects, but I'd like the green outfit instead to not worry about the weather at all, so I'm looking for that.

Wait you can cook the chili by itself?!? I thought you had to cook it with something else.  Also can you even get the green outfit that early?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Finished first 4 shrines and got the paraglider (two of them were more a pain to reach than the actual shrines themselves). Got some more cool backstory revealed by the old guy. Now headed east to meet with a certain *someone* to continue the main quest 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Metallox said:

Wait you can cook the chili by itself?!? I thought you had to cook it with something else.  Also can you even get the green outfit that early?

I don' think he means green outfit. I think he means the gold weather outfit that lets you survive the cold.

There are two ways to get it from what I've seen at E3 demo's. Either spoiilers below I guess.

1. Find it somewhere (no idea where)

2. When you reach the peak of the mountain or do the shrine on top? Something like that, the old man gives you it.

killeryoshis said:
Metallox said:

No, you can't cook it itself, but a Hyrulian mushroom and a piece of steak seems to be enough to create a recipe that grants 4 minutes of cold protection.

irstupid said:
killeryoshis said:

I don' think he means green outfit. I think he means the gold weather outfit that lets you survive the cold.

There are two ways to get it from what I've seen at E3 demo's. Either spoiilers below I guess.

1. Find it somewhere (no idea where)

2. When you reach the peak of the mountain or do the shrine on top? Something like that, the old man gives you it.

Ah, that's neat. Will do the shrine first, then.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Downloading patch.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I didn't expect it to be so hard so early. I'm on the part where you wait for the UPS man to deliver the Nintendo Switch. I can't get past it. It's tough!

d21lewis said:
I didn't expect it to be so hard so early. I'm on the part where you wait for the UPS man to deliver the Nintendo Switch. I can't get past it. It's tough!

Same here.

If anyone has any trick and tips on how to get past the UPS delivery that would be great.